Dating an Ex-Meth Addict

Does anyone here have experience dating an ex-meth addict?

I have and there seems to be frequent, bizarre misunderstandings. Like something really changed in their brain during the time they were using for 20 years. I've never been an addict, so I don't understand what they're going through.

Any help appreciated.

paddington bear

Can you give us some examples of the misunderstandings, honestly there is enough of those within relationships where one party is not a former addict. So, what are the specifics in this case?

You'reasian
Does anyone here have experience dating an ex-meth addict?

I have and there seems to be frequent, bizarre misunderstandings. Like something really changed in their brain during the time they were using for 20 years. I've never been an addict, so I don't understand what they're going through.

Any help appreciated.

What kind of actions or behaviors does a meth-addict demonstrate? or an ex-addict for that matter?

20 years?

Wow.

Um, yeah. Long-term meth use causes the brain to short-circuit and basically causes irreparable brain damage. Like, pieces will be permanently missing.

After 20 years, I would imagine this guy to be like Jim from Taxi.

Brady_to_Moss

I cant believe hes still alive. His brain is ****ed up by now. I would like to see a CT scan of his brain and someone else not using the same age.

SoulSearch_CO
Can you give us some examples of the misunderstandings, honestly there is enough of those within relationships where one party is not a former addict. So, what are the specifics in this case?

:laugh: True, dat. Examples would help.

collegekid491

Meth is a powerful drug, if he was using for 20 years it will mess him up.

Behaviour side effects of meth:

Hallucinations

Aggression

Paranoia

Anxiety

Confusion

Mood swings

Depression

Insomnia

Psychotic behavior

Keep in mind the relapse rate as well (like 92%)... also the horrible physical appearance (It may seem insensitive, but if he doesn't look to bad, he hasn't used it that long or maybe even at all, could be an excuse). providing a link at the bottom to help you gain some information.

http://lancaster.unl.edu/family/metheffects.shtml