Should I confront him?

amymarieca

Hey everyone,

My brother is getting married this Saturday and my date was supposed to be a guy that I have known for a very long time. He also knows my brother's fiancee as well. We aren't extremely close, but we do keep in touch via Facebook and run into each other a lot because of mutual friends.

So when it came time to ask someone to the wedding, I sent him an email over Facebook. He said he would be delighted to go, and asked what day and time. We chatted about a few more details and that was it. This was about a month ago. About a week and a half ago, I sent him another email with my phone number so that we could arrange some last minute details and for him to confirm he is still coming. I've seen that he has logged in to Facebook since then, but he still hasn't said a word to me about the wedding or called me. I don't have his phone number. I even sent a message asking if he got my previous one and still no response. It was kind of like he said he would go and then just disappeared from the whole situation.

I feel like I totally got ditched by him, and now I have no date for the wedding and will have an empty seat next to me. Should I confront him about this whole situation or just leave it alone and not speak to him again? It is hard because we have been friends for a long time.

Apparently in his mind, youre not good enough friends to attend a wedding with. Just leave it be, theres no point in confronting someone who doesnt want to hang with you. Youre still going to go to the wedding alone in the end, or at least not with him. And you should delete him from face book for doing this.

I personally would send him a message informing him that since he has rudely neglected to respond to your messages you've assumed he is no longer interested in going, and so you have asked another guy to go as your date (and I would try my hardest to find another date if possible), so he's off the hook.

Then I wouldn't ever speak to him again unless I had to in social situations since you have mutual friends.

Obviously he's not really a friend if he blew you off like this, and if you don't have his phone number and have to communicate via Facebook - so no big loss there! Forget him.

I personally would send him a message informing him that since he has rudely neglected to respond to your messages you've assumed he is no longer interested in going, and so you have asked another guy to go as your date (and I would try my hardest to find another date if possible), so he's off the hook.

Then I wouldn't ever speak to him again unless I had to in social situations since you have mutual friends.

Obviously he's not really a friend if he blew you off like this, and if you don't have his phone number and have to communicate via Facebook - so no big loss there! Forget him.

Sending him that kind of message means nothing to him, because he doesnt care in the first place. He'd probably laugh at it actually. He knows he was rude, he was rude on purpose, he knows he was a coward for not telling her that he didnt want to go with her, he could care less.

darknightie

He knew about it and still ignored it.

Ignore him, is what I say.

He was rude and unless he apologizes and has some sort of explanation, he obviously doesn't make good on his word.

One thing though, weddings are excellent chances to meet new people (men). Just a thought.