am i kidding my self thinking that im ready to date

so about a month ago my world was crushed when i found out the girl i wanted to spend the rest of my life with slept with someone else. i have since learned how to live without breathing, discovered that sleepless nights are only as enjoyable as you make them, and that i appearantly have a tivo in my head that recorded every second of her affair so that i could replay it endlessly in my minds eye. i still think about my situation constantly when i am alone. i have been trying to spend as much time as possible out with friends to keep my mind off things. during the last outing i met a girl, that was everything i wanted (well almost, read my other post for more info). Am i just setting my self up for dissapointment, and putting this girl through hell at the same time by pursuing this?

Am i just setting my self up for dissapointment, and putting this girl through hell at the same time by pursuing this?

Sadly, the answer here is almost always yes.

If you like this girl, then be honest with yourself and her and *don't* get involved until you're healed.

We're all tempted to go running back to the comfort of a relationship after a painful breakup, but it usually ends up in both parties getting hurt.

She can't save you from your grief. She may be able to distract you for a while, but sooner or later you'll have to work through it.

It will get better with time. Good luck.

dreamergrl

If you're not moved on from your hurt, I wouldn't go seeing other girls. You're still thinking about this last experience quite often.

SoulSearch_CO

I am sadly familiar with the kind of pain you're talking about. And, yes - if you still have those thoughts and feelings, do NOT date.