txt message details, I dont wanna mess this up!

Hi guys, my first post on this forum, and im hoping for some insight and guidance on a situation I find myself in. First some background about myself, im a 23yrs old, never had a girlfriend...(just never met the right girl)

To summarise on my situation, I went out with a friend, and her friend was hot, and we both got on really well, turned out she fancied me/wanted to kiss me...but I wasn't feeling it cos we were way way too drunk..and apparently she said to my friend the next day it was best not to kiss because we were hammered.

ANYWAY, my friend gave me her number, and I txt'd her (definitely better option than calling her cos I didn't want to make a date immediately, rather just feel her out) - below are the txt's, they were done between 11pm-midnight 3 days after the night out, and with about 15mins between each text:-

ME

hey (her name), hope u dnt mind (my friend) gave me your number..how are u doin? fully recovered from friday i hope! it was a good nite :) djinhell x

HER

hey djinhell! I dont mind :) yeah im much better now. how about you? im trying to find artist without any success :( x

ME

haha, i was so ill. I blame u!:p, after an artist? (she studies art...and i made a joke about a stupid local artist who we both know)

HER

he he. Me too i refuse to take the blame though :) (and then a reference to my joke about the artist)

ME

why do u need an artist then? I very much hold you responsible for me getting wasted!! but in a good way, kudos x

HER

Well that ok then:) i know who the artist is I just cant remember his name lol. Im going to sleep now. Have fun @ uni tomorrow x

As im sure you notice, I left it with her, I thought it would be lame to send one back saying goodnight (which is something I would of done in the past).

I dont know where to go from here. As far as im concerned, that conversation is dead...I dont want to texxt her again about anything unless its related to meeting up.

I might try and get my friend to arrange another meeting, maybe cinema or bowling?, or I could ask the HB directly about whether she wants to meet up again!?

I just dont know what to do now.. apologies, I know I've written a lot, but this is the weakest part of dealing with girls..Im fine face to face, but all this text and phone ***** really annoys me.

Please feedback your thoughts on this, particularly with the txt exchange, and how to move forward with this.

cheers guys

Dj In Hell

SoulSearch_CO

How about picking the phone back up, dialing her number, and talking to her. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone, either. But that's much less lame than having a friend set up the date. :confused: The exchange was pretty impersonal - not sure what you're looking for as far as feedback. It was friendly and witty...sure. But impersonal nonetheless. Just call and tell her you'd love to take her out sometime.

• Author

Thanks for the reply :)

You see, I wasn't thinking about it being an exclusive date, but rather another "innocent" get together of friends, where I could make more of a move. But you think it is better to just directly ask her out on a date?

Bejita463
Thanks for the reply :)

You see, I wasn't thinking about it being an exclusive date, but rather another "innocent" get together of friends, where I could make more of a move. But you think it is better to just directly ask her out on a date?

I am confused. How can you make more of a move in an innocent get together than on a date?

SoulSearch_CO
But you think it is better to just directly ask her out on a date?

In short - Yes.

Shock Me Sane

You should probably try being more forward instead of trying to "feel things out" or arrange "innocent" get-togethers. You're 23, why are you behaving like a 16 year old? Call her, tell her you want to take her out.

And if you were attempting to flirt in those text messages, you failed.

Call her and set up a date.

Don't try to NOT mess it up. Act as if she is any other girl.