First argument and still feeling bad after making up

SirLurksalot

SirLurksalot

My girlfriend and I just had our first big argument after three months of dating. Actually it wasn't really an argument, I just made more of it than I should have and I don't know how to make it up to her.

Last week I went out on a going away party for a coworker who is moving. I ended up drinking way too much and at the end of the night, I had them drop me at my girlfriend's place. I was so out of it I ended up passing out in her back yard. So I wake up in the morning and the first thing I notice is that my glasses are gone. This was bad, mostly because without them I can't even see my hand in front of my face. So as I'm crawling around, feeling along the ground, she comes outside, wondering what I'm doing. I tell her the embarrassing story of passing out before I could get to the door and ask her to help me find my glasses. She looked around and said they were not anywhere in the yard. At this point I'm in full panic mode. Being as dependent as I am on them just to function, losing them is one of my biggest fears. So she guides me inside (yes, I'm seriously that blind) and after a few minutes I remember that I have not seen my back up pair for some time and they could be packed away at any of a half dozen locations (I moved a few times last year).

So I'm living my worst nightmare come true...my glasses are gone, I can't see a thing and if I have to have another pair made it will take at least a week because the one hour places can't do my prescription. After about an hour she comes to me, says she has a surprise and puts my glasses in my hand. I put them on and breath a big sigh of relief. Being very relieved I ask where she found them and she said she had them the whole time. She had taken them a little before I woke up and thought it would be funny to make me think I lost them for a little while. I got a little more than upset. Voices were raised and I stormed out. I came back after I cooled off and we made up. Yeah, I did pass out in her back yard...my fault. And I've never told her of my fear of being without my glasses.

So it's few days later and I'm still feeling bad about over reacting. How long should I feel that way?

You shouldn't be feeling like that. You need to keep your temper down.

TaraMaiden

Yes, I have seen this twice before.

once, in Italy. (in Italian!)

It is certainly getting around!

• 3 weeks later...
miketanner

Passing out drunk in the yard...not good. Sure way to piss off a girl but you recognize that.

Now the glasses thing, as someone who is totally dependent on mine, I completely understand the panic and dread of thinking you lost yours. And while it may have been a bit insensitive of her to have taken them away from you, it doesn't sound like she was doing it to be mean. I had a (now ex) girlfriend intentionally take mine away when she got mad just because she knew I could not function without them. That is something to get mad over. But your girl was just playing a little joke without thinking about it. Just get over it and move on.

missdependant

Yes.. sounds like she's mastered the guilt trip. Most girls have. ;)

I like her style.. I never would have thought to do that. Too bad my boyfriend doesn't wear glasses! Otherwise, I'd do this every time he came home drunk and passed out on the lawn.

She had taken them a little before I woke up and thought it would be funny to make me think I lost them for a little while.
She finds it funny when you feel bad?

In my view partners are supposed to be there for one another. If she doesn't like your drunk behaviour then the right way of letting you know is by talking to you when you've sobered up.