Asked an old friend/gf out - and she asked "why" ?

hi, i just got in contact with an old friend. I know her for almost 2 year and we were even involved in a short romantic relationship but from a few months on the communication had broken (talking online at every 4-5 weeks or so)

so i just started a conversation with her last night... to see how she is etc.

at one moment the conversation went on the direction of food...

... and she complained that she would like to eat a pizza so much....

so I tought why not ask her out for a pizza?

she accepted, but after a couple of minutes asked "why do you want to go out, i mean you didn;t asked me untill now, why exactly now" ?

i am wondering what's in the head of this girl that she's asking that kind of questions.

ps. i told her there are two reasons, 1. i would like to eat pizza 2. it would be nice to talk with you :)

Sounds like shes avoiding trying to get burned one way or another. Be flat out honest and state its just a friendly getogether, nothing more. Leave the ball in her court, see if she serves back. You'll have your answer either way

SoulSearch_CO

I agree with IceWind. She *might* be checking her own feelings and is wondering where you are at with things so she can know if it's safe to be looking at her old feelings for you.

• Author

hmm, quite interesting what you say... because I remember that one of the reasons (if not THE reason) why we separated was that she didn't surely knew what she felt...

she's a nice girl and she always showed respect towards me... but before starting to wonder ...

I guess your right, the ball is in her half and if she becomes interested she'll give a sign ...

thanks for the suggestions, i'll keep you up to date (we'll go out in the weekend... if she doesn't changes her mind :) )