just friends line :-/

btlebug92

I want the stone cold truth here don't be nice bout it... ok. I usually am not one to think someone likes me. I am not really that self confident haha. but there was a guy at work who REALLLLLLLLY showed interest in me. I mean... several people remarked at how they thought he liked me.

so the other day I worked up the courage to tell him I like him. I wrote him a message because I am not courageous enough to do it face to face.

by the way... this is the boldest thing I have done in a long time.

here is what was exchanged:

I wrote:

I just want to let you know that I don't usually do these kind of things because I am a huge chicken. But lately I have been not caring what people think, and doing what I want...so I am going to just do this.

I like you, alot. I realize it is lame and jr. highish to tell you this on facebook...that's the chicken in me. And I realize that you prob just like me as a friend, and that is really fine with me. It's not going to be the end of the world to me. But I just had to tell you because it's driving me nuts!

sorry if this makes things awkward now, I hope it doesn't. I didn't want to do that! We can carry on being friends and act like I never said anything if you wish :-) I'm fine with that.

ok... well I guess I'll talk to you later...if you're not creeped out by me!

and he wrote:

creeped out by you?! never...its always good to say whats on your mind...take it from someone who did it for a long time...i think you have a great personality and i think its awesome that you have the patienceto do what you do! right now i dont think id be good for anyone to be in a relationship with....gotta lotta things going on....thats not a lie...but i want you to keep sharing your lunch with me! and of course go out and drink sometimes after work......and i really didnt read this until now...i was not lying at lunch

*We work together.

honestly... are there any chances his feelings could change from what you have seen here, or do you think it is a lost cause? he hasn't changed since I told him, he still flirts and stuff....

I just wanna know if I'm wasting my time. thank you for answering... I appreciate it very much :)

right now i dont think id be good for anyone to be in a relationship with....gotta lotta things going on....thats not a lie...

Accept attention from someone else :)

It seems like you just took the fun out of it.
while i agree with you to an extent, he also sounds like a douche with the part about still wanting to go out for drinks and share lunch.

That said, the Op's facebook message was dripping with a lack of self confidence and was not attractive, IMO. It's possible it turned him off and now really wants to just be friends.

If you're not confident you need to at least fake it a little via the written word. It may have come across better had you said it in person since, imo, body language is important. All he had to go by was your written words and like I said they weren't very attractive. Calling yourself chicken, lame and alluding to possibly being creepy is not the way to present yourself.

SoulSearch_CO
while i agree with you to an extent, he also sounds like a douche with the part about still wanting to go out for drinks and share lunch.

That said, the Op's facebook message was dripping with a lack of self confidence and was not attractive, IMO. It's possible it turned him off and now really wants to just be friends.

If you're not confident you need to at least fake it a little via the written word. It may have come across better had you said it in person since, imo, body language is important. All he had to go by was your written words and like I said they weren't very attractive. Calling yourself chicken, lame and alluding to possibly being creepy is not the way to present yourself.

OMG, I full-on agree with this. You may have FELT like a chicken, but you didn't need to tell HIM that. Guys admire confidence in a woman. You gave him at least 4 openings to shoot you down.

But yes - based on what he said, I'd say you're wasting your time on this. Find a real man to date.

While confidence is good, OP, I frankly would've found it adorable to find that message in my inbox.

I agree with Die Hard--I don't think the man is the type of guy that would do you very good.

Move on, look elsewhere, and still be you. Best o' luck to you.:)

Don't worry about the message, if he wanted to date you it wouldn't have made any difference.

There is always a chance his feelings could change but you shouldn't bother waiting around for him to do so. I would avoid flirting/lunch/drinks if I was in a similar situation. It would just give me mixed signals and yes it would be a waste of time.