Do men ever come back after disappearing?

anya85

Do guys ever come back after playing the disappearing act? I was dating this guy for the past 8 weeks, though we talked online for a month before meeting also--so we've been in contact for 3 months. It was amazing, we would talk for hours, always had a great time, he seemed really interested.

Then last week, he just stops. No texts, no calls, no IMs, nothing. And this is after telling me how great I was and how he'd wished he'd met me sooner only days before that. He made some random comment that had nothing to do with anything on my Myspace page a few days ago, but that was it.

I know that I need to move on now--I've updated my profile on the dating site, I'm talking to 4 guys right now--but my mind wanders to this one that I thought I connected with so well... Don't worry, I haven't tried to contact him in several days, I know better. I'm just letting it go. :/

Sometimes they do. It depends on whether the other girl(s) they were pursuing, panned out or not. You're the backup, the pinch-hitter, the fallback guy.

And when they do come back around, they act like nothing happened, in their minds anyway. They minimize or completely ignore your feelings on the matter.

If he does come back around, I'd blow him off if I were you.

The real deal would NEVER treat you this way.

No... not if they are a OM.. and they get caught by the husband who went ballistic.. ;)

You're overreacting. It has only been a week. How do you know he's not dealing with some sort of emotional battle that is so deep it's made him forget about his "romance" with a girl he met face to face 3 months ago?

My assessment: figure out why he stopped. Don't just throw him off. Why people like to throw away potentially great relationships like they're moist towelettes is beyond me.

Do guys ever come back after playing the disappearing act?

no, i'm sorry, but generally they don't

In my experience they almost always do come back after disappearing. But then they end up doing the same thing again.

Chicago_Guy

Why would you even want him back if he stopped contacting you after dating for 8 weeks? I think that is a sign is sick of you. Is he angry at you for something?

No... not if they are a OM.. and they get caught by the husband who went ballistic.. ;)

Did I miss a thread that was related to this?

If not...

I think some do, if the other girls they were seeing don't work out.

torranceshipman

I'd say wow, chill! Just because he's been great for months, then quiet for about 4 days, doesn't mean he's run off with another woman!! Of course he could have but at this point, can't you give him the benefit of the doubt? Sometimes stuff just comes up, and noone is perfect, lives can be complicated (who knows what happened?) and it's good to give someone space. They're taking space for a reason...if were you I'd get in touch, with a laid back email or VM to just say hey, whats up, havent heard from you in a while, but don't be pushy. If after a week things are the same then yes he is most likely a king sized douchebag and deserves your wrath! But I wouldnt go all crazy about it at this point...just be cool and see what happens...

Did I miss a thread that was related to this?

If not...

I think some do, if the other girls they were seeing don't work out.

Yes I was referring to the Infidelity and Violence thread.. ;)

Sometimes they do. It depends on whether the other girl(s) they were pursuing, panned out or not. You're the backup, the pinch-hitter, the fallback guy.

This is why dating sucks.:mad:

SincereOnlineGuy
Do guys ever come back after playing the disappearing act?

According to Olivia Newton John:

No