New here.....what is a healthy relationship?

normal

I've been reading a lot of threads on here all day looking for a few answers. I haven't been in a relationship that I was fully comfortable in and I don't know if I'm at that point where we are comfortable with each other because I think I associate comfort with boring and walk away. We both used to get really jealous and now we don't anymore. We used to party a lot but now have no desire to. Things are weird. We don't fight about anything serious.....it's usually bickering about really small things. What is a healthy relationship? There are so many different opinions. I know I'll get a lot here starting my own thread, but it's worth a shot.

I think that is part of growing up (which usually coincides with getting older, but not always!) You don't care about partying, you don't get annoyed by the details, you just feel settled.

Are you and your partner referring to jealousy/partying that happened before you were together? My partner and I were the same before we got together. Those things don't matter to us anymore, we met at a "comfortable" time in life.

A healthy relationship is something you don't understand until you've been in one, I think. It's when the other person treats you with dignity and respect. Things such as lies, jealously, and cheating don't occur because of that respect. The person's words are backed up by their actions. It is a wonderful thing!

Sometimes on LS it is hard to keep perspective that plenty of healthy relationships exist! But they do.

SoulSearch_CO
A healthy relationship is something you don't understand until you've been in one, I think. It's when the other person treats you with dignity and respect. Things such as lies, jealously, and cheating don't occur because of that respect. The person's words are backed up by their actions. It is a wonderful thing!

Hear! Hear! :bunny: I totally agree.

Feeling totally secure and loved.

Trialbyfire

Bang on bean1! It's a wonderful thing, when you're appreciating and being appreciated. :)