How can you tell if your partner is loyal?

Untouchable_Fire

Untouchable_Fire

Something Tanbark said in another thread caught my attention.

One of the top things I look for in a woman is Loyalty. I believe most women want that in a man as well. The problem is that I have always had issues gauging that trait. I can't tell if she is loyal or not... especially early on.

So, How do you tell if someone is loyal or not? Can that be done quickly or does it take time?

Beautiful Inside

check this out, from day one with my man he knew he had nothing to worry about with me you know y cause i tell him all the time its important to me that he knows i got his back through anything and id never ever ever do him wrong hes my best friend. and he gives me the same respect. thank god we never had to play the back and forth games n **** i cant deal with that high sk0ol bull****.... anywho lol you know when a girl is loyal when she goes out of her way to show you shes not shady doesnt need to hide her phone out it on silent or turn it off she tells everyone about you no guys be hitting her up frequently cut that **** off....ummmm sh wont get offended if you looked at her phone (through) lol you just know when you come across someone that is genuine and when you feel like their being shady when u bring it to their attention you can tell the genuinely feel so horrible and want to correct you from feeling this way.

You can't really tell.....they all lie! I'm joking.....I think your able to decipher the good ones from the bad ones by how he expresses himself. Also a big sign is if his eyes wonder a lot....I hate that! You should pay attention to the little things so you can see the overall picture....

So, How do you tell if someone is loyal or not?

If they cheat on you, they're not. :D

But seriously, I don't think it's possible to know early on. It's about getting to know the person and all the little things. I would say that reliable indicators of someone not being loyal is inconsistencies. If their words don't mesh with their actions, that's a bad sign. If they lie about anything, that's a bad sign. Paying attention to any gut feeling that something just isn't right is important.

I guess the real kicker is that it's more difficult to know if they are loyal than if they aren't.

You really can't tell early on. I am a natural flirt, and my ex easily assumed I was the unfaithful type because I am social and talk to everyone with a smile.. gee so wrong of me (sarcasm).. anyway, I am very loyal! too loyal. Loyal when I don't need to be. If there is a way that you can tell.. it would be when she changes her schedule around to help you. When you know you can call her anytime and she will be there for you. I don't think woman really desire to be un-loyal. We prefer to be loyal to our man.. it feels good! But when you boys are un-loyal and clueless to the fragile heart of ours you hold, being loyal can make us feel like an idiot. All woman want someone they feel good about being loyal to. My summed up answer = Give her something worth being loyal to and she's a loyal girl.

Loyalty's foundation is in integrity. You can look to other parts of their life to see whether they have integrity. For example, how do they treat/talk about their friends? That's a good indicator, IME.

• Like 1
BobSacamento

I think Star Gazer is spot on. Is your partner flaky when it comes to their friends like not returning calls things like that.

missdependant

You can never just tell. Everyone has their own will and will do their own thing. Temptation will ALWAYS be there and there is no stopping certain scenarios and situations.

It's about trust. Some people are willing to give the benefit of the doubt and are able to do so right off the bat. With others, trust has to be earned.. and it can take a week, maybe a couple of months, maybe a year.

Everyone is different.

Personally, I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, whether it's my friends, boyfriend or family..

You can tell if you're loyal. That's a good path to follow. Others have their own path which is not under your control. In the end, no matter what happens, it's your willingness to stick with your path which will bring you health and well being :)

• Author
Untouchable_Fire
You really can't tell early on. I am a natural flirt, and my ex easily assumed I was the unfaithful type because I am social and talk to everyone with a smile.. gee so wrong of me (sarcasm).. anyway, I am very loyal! too loyal. Loyal when I don't need to be. If there is a way that you can tell.. it would be when she changes her schedule around to help you. When you know you can call her anytime and she will be there for you. I don't think woman really desire to be un-loyal. We prefer to be loyal to our man.. it feels good! But when you boys are un-loyal and clueless to the fragile heart of ours you hold, being loyal can make us feel like an idiot. All woman want someone they feel good about being loyal to. My summed up answer = Give her something worth being loyal to and she's a loyal girl.

I've had women bend over backwards for me at the start, but after a year when the chips are down pretty much walk away emotionally.

I guess there just is no answer to this question. I'll just try to weed out the super insecure types.

Trialbyfire

There's realistic expectations of loyalty and there's an unreasonable level of loyalty. If you treat someone like crap, expect them to not want to have anything to do with you, walking away. If you're respectful, considerate, loving, trusting and able to communicate, expect that an SO will back you to the wall, regardless of reasonability of expectation.

You cannot. They can be loyal to you for years, and than turn on you all of a sudden, as if they are completely different person. So, hope for the best, but be ready for the worst.