So how long does the honeymoon period last?

prettybaby

I'd honestly say it depends... It's like when you get a new computer or something... When that "New" feeling wears off, then the "honeymoon" period is over... For me I'd say it took about a month maybe 2 for the newness to wear off.

I have always thought that a persons true colors start to show between months 4-6.

That is also about the same time that the rose colored glasses come off and you see the person in a true state.. good or bad..

Nobody says that after 4-6 months that you will see nothing but bad stuff as the person and love you feel could very well be genuine but if you do start to see things that you aren't quite sure about then those would be considered flags to watch.

As far as a honeymoon phase.. that is really as long as you want to be in it... you both are in control of how long it lasts

Beautiful Inside

hmmm ok here goes my bf and i have always had this passion lust thing going on everytime i saw him i undressed him lol jp...no but seriously almost hehe i dont kno if he's just such a hott ass guy or if its the friendship and time spent together that has kept that passion going on for 2 years now. we strated dating 5 1/2 months later it was vday and he proposed and i moved in and dont get me wrong we fight all the time veryday we have a good fight lol but we both have the same lust for eachother he always is trying to feel me up or look down my shirt lol and i always joke with him im like you think we'll still be like this like perves in out 30's or 40's and when we have kids hes like omg for sure!!!! i cant see us being any other way honesty in past relationships i got over the person within 2-3 months i was over them compltly like didnt even find them slightly attractive no longer....i didnt know if id ever find somone to keep me satisfied long enough to think about marriage then i met Joseph Timo my little italian stallion skin of carmel dark dark almost black hair with his big hazel yellow eyes omg hes got the best lips too!!! omg seriously everytime i see him i fall inlove all over again i seriously always think to myself how lucky i am to have him not only his looks but the way he is always going out of his way to make me feel special about myself i love him dearly for that ; ) so to answer this thread it just deoends if you are both on the same page i think that has alot to do with it how deep your love is always being loyal and making that perosn feel like their your everything you'll never let them down or purposely hurt them.....

Is there an average time after which you just assume you're past the honeymoon phase?

3 months or the first major fight...whichever comes first.

3 months or the first major fight...whichever comes first.

I think I agree with this post the most so far. ;) Fights definitely can pre-maturely kill that honeymoon phase, and yeah, I think generally honeymoon phases don't last longer than 3-5 months.

Is there an average time after which you just assume you're past the honeymoon phase?

With my first ex.. the honeymoon lasted 6 years...

With my 2nd ex.. the honeymoon was still going on after 5 years.. when I left.

You'reasian

Not really. It just happens - you kinda settle in and do romantic things more on a special occasion rather than every day/weekend etc. Constant lust is ideally replaced with trust and more security.

I have always thought that a persons true colors start to show between months 4-6.

That is also about the same time that the rose colored glasses come off and you see the person in a true state.. good or bad..

Nobody says that after 4-6 months that you will see nothing but bad stuff as the person and love you feel could very well be genuine but if you do start to see things that you aren't quite sure about then those would be considered flags to watch.

As far as a honeymoon phase.. that is really as long as you want to be in it... you both are in control of how long it lasts

I agree with Art.

Generally speaking, the romance stage of dating lasts six months. Up until that period, you may see some true colors, but they don't really begin showing until the person feels relaxed and settled in.

• Author
hmmm ok here goes my bf and i have always had this passion lust thing going on everytime i saw him i undressed him lol jp...no but seriously almost hehe i dont kno if he's just such a hott ass guy or if its the friendship and time spent together that has kept that passion going on for 2 years now. we strated dating 5 1/2 months later it was vday and he proposed and i moved in and dont get me wrong we fight all the time veryday we have a good fight lol but we both have the same lust for eachother he always is trying to feel me up or look down my shirt lol and i always joke with him im like you think we'll still be like this like perves in out 30's or 40's and when we have kids hes like omg for sure!!!! i cant see us being any other way honesty in past relationships i got over the person within 2-3 months i was over them compltly like didnt even find them slightly attractive no longer....i didnt know if id ever find somone to keep me satisfied long enough to think about marriage then i met Joseph Timo my little italian stallion skin of carmel dark dark almost black hair with his big hazel yellow eyes omg hes got the best lips too!!! omg seriously everytime i see him i fall inlove all over again i seriously always think to myself how lucky i am to have him not only his looks but the way he is always going out of his way to make me feel special about myself i love him dearly for that ; ) so to answer this thread it just deoends if you are both on the same page i think that has alot to do with it how deep your love is always being loyal and making that perosn feel like their your everything you'll never let them down or purposely hurt them.....

What the hell is this?

• Like 1

Well, I still feel the honeymoon sensation with my fiance, and we've been together for 3 1/2 years, and she feels the same. We just can't keep our hands off eachother, are always joking around and laughing, having fun. We do our best to be spontanous, and go on dates still. I live to see her smile and laugh. While we're still young right :cool:

I think though that may be attributed to the fact that of the 3 1/2 years, I've only been home for 2 years of it, and I've left and returned 3 times with no less than 6 months spanning in between. When I come home in a few weeks, it would of been over a year.

I think it just depends on the couple, personalities and needs.

What the hell is this?

It's frequently referred to as "one long run-on sentence posted in a forum without thinking or gathering the thoughts running in your head and not paying attention in 5th grade english class because you stayed up all night playing World of Warcraft with your buddies who also didn't pay attention in class" syndrom.

Look at the bunny :bunny:

mr.dream merchant
It's frequently referred to as "one long run-on sentence posted in a forum without thinking or gathering the thoughts running in your head and not paying attention in 5th grade english class because you stayed up all night playing World of Warcraft with your buddies who also didn't pay attention in class" syndrom.

Look at the bunny :bunny:

The ****s the bunny for?

mr.dream merchant
"Beautiful Inside" seems to be ADD, giving her somethin to focus on :cool:

Yaaaay....bouncyyyyyy................I'm so ****ing bored.

Everything passes, even the honeymoon. Nothing is eternal. And honeymoon will pass as soon as you understand that you don't have money for good life. ; ) Then you will have common, grey days. : )

Everything passes, even the honeymoon. Nothing is eternal. And honeymoon will pass as soon as you understand that you don't have money for good life. ; ) Then you will have common, grey days. : )

You mean, money doesn't buy love? :mad:

The honeymoon phase and is great while is lasts, as mine still is over 3 years later. Right now though, it doesn't just come naturally like at the beginning, it takes work and consideration. We work hard, so we reward ourselves with random date nights, long drives down back roads, cheap dates that are fun, and we always try and find the fun in anything we do. Doesn't mean we don't have our differences and fights, but we don't let those get in our way and ruin what we have.

mental_traveller
What the hell is this?

A reply to your initial question, with a fair bit of personal biography thrown in for free ;)