Speed Dating - First Date/Meetup after event

Hi,

Recently I went speed dating, at which I met a "match" as it were and we met up afterwards. We had a really nice evening together and enjoyed eachothers company. However, I wasn't really sure if it was a "date" or not.

We both decided afterwards there was no spark. However, as I wasnt sure if it was a date or not, I didnt want to flirt with her that much. It was probably made worse by my lack of practice in the flirting department, lol.

I would have thought that it would take more than one meetup with someone that you met speeddating to get things going as it were.

Anyway I shud have made more effort to flirt with her, but wasn't sure if I should or not, so I'm a little confused.

Doesn't seem that we will meet up agin, which is ashame, as we both had a gud time.

My question is, if u meet up with someone that you met speed dating, is the first time u meet a date or not?

Any advice please?

Tks

mik

Geishawhelk

No.

But given that I was born midway through the last century, speed-dating is a complete anathema to me and an insult to the intelligence of those who believe in romance.

In my opinion, speed daters are just looking for an easy lay, with the fallback excuse that they seemed so compatible....

I really do believe it's a travesty, and just the worst thing to heppen to dating since Henry VIII decided he didn't believe in monogamy.

Speed dating may be an interesting way to meet people and to get a date or two. However, the chance of meeting the love of your life with the method is next to nil. Dating is hard enough when you have known somebody a while. Judging somebody based on a few minutes of questions and answers and a little physical attraction is kind of crazy. However, if that's one of the few ways you are able to secure dates then more power to you. Just be prepared that the vast majority of those dates will not progress beyond the initial stage.

It would make more sense to me to have speed sex....talk a few minutes, go to a nearby motel, have sex and then both parties be on their way. It doesn't take but a very brief time to ascertain if two parties have the physical means for coitus. Even then, there may be some sexual incompatibility.

I do wish you luck and hope that you are the one in a million person who has success speed dating. Don't forget, speed marriage, speed heartbreak and a long, grueling recovery may quickly follow.

Oh, forgot to answer your question. The first time you go out with somebody you met speed dating...I don't really know what you would call it. It depends on what you do. Go for coffee, not a date. Go to dinner and a movie, that's a date. Just go to a motel and screw, that's a quickie. It really makes absolutely no difference what you call it, if it doesn't go anywhere it was pretty much nothing at all.

I just went to a speed dating thing once were I talked to about 18 girls for 5 minutes each. These things suck! Like everyone has said, this is just for people looking for casual sex or maybe a couple of dates. The thing with speed dating is that in 5 minutes there is no way you will get past the common predictable questions of "what do you do for a living", "were did you study", "were are you from", etc. Typical superficial questions. So in the end everything comes down to the physical aspect. Personality is not even relevant on speed dating because in 5 minutes you cannot learn anything from a person. So you just see if you like their body and face.

EYECANDY000

Just to jump off your question a little bit. Whether it is a date or not if your are attracted to someone then naurally you flirt with them. So, Im confused about having to label it as a date just to consider flirting with someone.

I've been to a couple and I have to say it sucks. The only people benefiting and making $ from this are the people running the service. And according to studies done on speed daters, the first few seconds of meeting someone generally determines whether or not you're attracted to someone...so to sum it up, it is more about physical attraction.

There is also little room to be creative or spontaneous as you're limited to 5 minutes. Even if you attempted to be, your date may ask the typical superficial questions like what you do for a living and where you live..back to square one of repeating yourself.