Critique my match profile?

BCCA

This is mainly directed at the women here, but I would appreciate help of any kind as well.

I've come to the conclusion that I might be doing something wrond with my online profile and/or the emails I send. I'm having little to no luck, even with women who have winked at me. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to look over my profile and a sample email or two and let me know what they think. Don't worry about sparing my feelings, I just want to get some honest opinions.

If anyone feels like being super nice and helping me out, let me know and I can PM you.

Thanks!

• Author
Can't you just cut and paste it here? You'll get a lot more responses that way.

Well, I would prefer to have 1-2 people look at it, rather than throw myself to the mercy of all who see it :)

Well, I would prefer to have 1-2 people look at it, rather than throw myself to the mercy of all who see it :)

erm hate to point out, but if your going onto online dating, all the world can see it if they choose too. Go for it, post the link. Post yours I'll post mine! ;)

• Author
erm hate to point out, but if your going onto online dating, all the world can see it if they choose too. Go for it, post the link. Post yours I'll post mine! ;)

I know, its just that the beauty of posting here is that its anonymous, and if I put all my profile info out here for everyone to see, its not anonymous anymore.

I'm a chicken, I'll admit it...but Im not posting my profile info for the world to see here, especially when someone can see all the posts I made if they so chose.

From all the posts of yours that I've read, you sound like a very intelligent, kind, cool dude. I'd totally go for you if I didn't have a boyfriend.

However, I have no idea what your profile says, and I'm blocked at work from sites like that anyway, so please do post it. :p

ETA: Can you PM it to some of us?

• Author
From all the posts of yours that I've read, you sound like a very intelligent, kind, cool dude. I'd totally go for you if I didn't have a boyfriend.

However, I have no idea what your profile says, and I'm blocked at work from sites like that anyway, so please do post it. :p

ETA: Can you PM it to some of us?

Thank you, I appreciate that!

I'll send out a couple PM's soon. Thanks a lot to everyone that helps!

movingonandon

I'm not a girl, but I'll take a look, send PM. (I had a good return on match.com so must have done at least somehting right...).

Whatever you do, avoid templates and stick to your original style (e.g. as manifested in your posts). This naturally weeds out girls with whom you'd not have much in common anyway (and conversely - increases your response rate with girls that you might actually click with).

So are we comparing notes or what? He's very good looking but those mug shots are not doing him any justice, really. Profile is well put, lively, fun, but short and to the point.

Thumbs down to the pictures.

You could post a temporary link to your profile for a couple of days and then delete it. But really, online dating is a waste of time, you'll never see me on match.com

While I haven't seen your pics BCCA, it doesn't surprise me that you're good-looking. Your attitude is attractive, regardless of looks.

I honestly find that site as a waste of time. I can go out to a bar, club, a book store, even the street and talk to random people, get plenty of numbers, set up some dates and so on but I've never got anything from Match. E-harmony never even let me sign up even after I filled out their stupid questionnaire. It came back with "you are part of the 20 percent we can't find a match for" or whatever. Half the profiles on match are fake to begin with and then what do you really expect. Most of the time a women is probably getting 500 emails a day. Nothing like that to boost their egos while ignoring you.

While I haven't seen your pics BCCA, it doesn't surprise me that you're good-looking. Your attitude is attractive, regardless of looks.

I totally agree!

I honestly find that site as a waste of time. I can go out to a bar, club, a book store, even the street and talk to random people, get plenty of numbers,

I personally find it extremely disturbing when a random guy starts talking to me just out of blue.

Unless you're in high school or college or only date a few people who know your friends, most people talk to random people out of the blue. I talk to random people all the time for my business, my job, etc. Yeah sometimes it's just the wrong time to talk to somebody but I usually strike up a conversation with a random person, male or female, who gets on the same elevator as me. I really don't give a crap if they think I'm weird for starting a conversation. Of course 99 percent of the time it's a minute conversation that leads nowhere. But other times it might be a conversation that leads to a new business contact or a new woman I'd like to get to know better.

Well BCCA if you are still looking for opinions I'll be happy to oblige.

PM me if you'd like.

I am a true romantic and I welcome the chance to help another find love.

I will give you honest feedback but I must tell you that I am very discerning and discriminating. And I am very happily married so I have no ulterior motives. ;)

Well BCCA if you are still looking for opinions I'll be happy to oblige.

PM me if you'd like.

I am a true romantic and I welcome the chance to help another find love.

I will give you honest feedback but I must tell you that I am very discerning and discriminating. And I am very happily married so I have no ulterior motives. ;)

Same here (well, happily taken, not married), but I still wanna see. :)

Hey BCCA -- Glad to hear that you are putting yourself out there! If you are still looking for more help send me a PM. I’ll do my best to help!