Let's Spend The Night Together (?)

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Last weekend I was out at a bar to see my friend's band play. We've been experiencing arctic conditions and this was the first night in a long time I'd been out for anything. They were playing with a couple other bands from Detroit (my second home). I was sitting at the bar minding my own business, sipping ginger ale, and some slobbery drunk saddles up to me. I was clearly looking uncomfortable, the drummer from one of the bands who I had said hello to earlier that night sees me across the room and comes to my rescue. He pulls me away and we stand there with arms around each other until the drunk backs off.

I thanked him for coming to the rescue. We chatted quite a bit as a result, and ended up being together for the rest of the night. Then he said he was going back to Detroit. It just so happens my favorite band is playing next weekend in Detroit. We became MySpace friends, and I said I might want to come up. If he didn't have other plans, I would hope we could meet up there. He said "You can stay at my place if you don't feel like driving home that night."

Hmmm ... Is he ... saying what I think he's saying? What do you all think?

Hes saying that he wants you to spend the night with him. Honestly I think that would be a bad idea to spend the night with someone whom you just met. and have never spent any time with him besides the run -in at the bar. If you do decide to go and see him, get yourself a hotel room. That way you can be in control of the situtation.

You wouldnt want to go to detroit and go to his home and then find out hes a looney tune would you?

• Author
mortensorchid

Agreed on that. Should I call him and have a chat about that first? Or wait until I see him there to tell him that I'm not going to stay at his place?

AlektraClementine

Just book the hotel room. You don't have to confer with him at all. It's the right move. Promise.

Just book the hotel room. You don't have to confer with him at all. It's the right move. Promise.

^This^

It sounds like he wants to sleep with you. Men don't want women to sleep over that they just met because they want to make them breakfast, or watch the Sex in the City movie with them. They do that because they want to have sex, or at the very least, present the opportunity.

Doesnt mean he's a sleazball, but he's a guy, and he's in a band. It kind of comes with the territory. I think you should keep control of the situation, and feel it out a bit with him before going to fast too soon. Unless youre looking for a fling, but this is the dating section, so i figured that wasnt the case.

• Author
mortensorchid

Well, things turned out just as I intended. We met up in Detroit last night, we sat around and chatted for a while, then I told him I was going to stay at my sister's in a town nearby. He said "Oh, well, I know we talked about your being at my house." I said "Hey, it's not that I don't like you, but ... we just met and all." He said "Well I have a couch." Maybe he said that because he wanted to make me feel comfortable. We'll see what we see, I might see him in another month when his band comes through town.