Ladies, honestly... (question for women who typically wear no/little makeup)

JoeNewbie

Thats an interesting question. I personally wouldnt because then It wouldnt be me , when I apply make up I apply so little that It looks natural , if I do anything else than that then I wouldnt feel myself . If I want to catch someone's atention I would try to just make sure Im very well dressed ( prob wear something more colorful or say a sexy dress depeing on the setting) and I would try to talk to that person somehow to cath his attention . I think guys may notice a girl is wearing more make up but that wont necessarily mean that he will start talking to her , I would use my personality . But everyone has different approaches.

maybe a bit of colored gloss so my lips don't look bland or chapped, but that's about it. Because I'm more of an earth mama, and because even at 43, cute guys still can make me rather giddy and silly, to a point where I belatedly wonder what *I* look like to *them* :laugh::laugh:

The only time I would put on more make-up than usual is if I'm going out for a special event. Even then, even if I do everything (foundation, blush, eyes, lips) it still doesn't look like I have much make-up on.

I don't like a lot of make-up, so a guy will have to be attracted to me as-is, rather than to my make-up.

Would you wear a bit more makeup to get his attention?

More .. no... I don't wear much so I would probably just do a 'retouch' of gloss..

No. Just be yourself. I do not wear anything except lip gloss and lip stick. Be excepted for you. No paint is needed. Unless of course you feel better with makeup. I still say, Just be yourself :)

I rarely wear makeup, and when I do it's normally mascara or eyeliner and a bit of blush.

I likely would NOT wear more makeup to attract a crush's attention, because that would be setting myself up to either make "the big reveal" or to be forced to wear makeup every day. Yikes.

I would probably wear tighter more revealing clothing though. That's how I roll.

I'd make sure to dress up once and awhile to show myself at my "best," but I wouldn't make much effort specifically for the guy. I've learned that I radiate the best aura when I'm relaxed, and dressing up/wearing tons of makeup doesn't really make me look, or feel more relaxed.

• Author
In my experience if a women puts on make-up in your presence it is not a good sign for romance.

Interesting response. Why do you say that?

Interesting response. Why do you say that?

A women ( if interested ) will want to look her best in your presence so if she needs to touch up after dinner or the like she will excuse herself and attend to the matter. If she isn't interested in you ( romantically ) she will apply away in your presence.

You notice a cute guy at your workplace/restaurant/whatever.

Would you wear a bit more makeup to get his attention?

I go through waves of wearing more or less makeup. Currently it's just eyeliner and lipgloss, sometimes mascara, maybe blush. Going out at night or to a client meeting, is another story.

No, I wouldn't change my makeup for anyone. I wear what I wear to feel good about me. Makeup is fun but if I had to slav it on every day in a 45 minute regime, I would say, screw it, this isn't fun anymore.

A women ( if interested ) will want to look her best in your presence so if she needs to touch up after dinner or the like she will excuse herself and attend to the matter. If she isn't interested in you ( romantically ) she will apply away in your presence.

Yes I agree here. It would be done in private, if I were interested.

If I didn't care, I would do apply right infront of him. Good observation.

I make it a point not to do anything that I can't or don't want to live up to because I don't want to disappoint anyone. It's kind of like a woman stuffing her bra -- it's a lie that you're going to have to own up to at some point (and somebody's going to be really disappointed). So, no, I wouldn't wear extra make-up to attract a guy. But at work, I dress, fix my hair and wear make-up so that I feel good about myself. On special occasions or dates, I wear make-up that's more appropriate for the evening.

Generally when I'm out and about running errands or whatever, I don't wear much make-up, hair in a pony-tail or clip, I don't really fuss...but if there was someone I was interested in and knew I'd run into them (or might run into them while out), I'd definitely do my hair nice and put on a little make-up; yes.

I wouldn't put on more makeup; I don't wear much as it is. However, a little mascara and lip gloss does make me feel a little prettier, so maybe I'd wear it just to feel more confident.

Generally speaking, I don't wear a lot of makeup (mainly because I'm in school 8 months of the year). During the summers and winter holidays, I do wear makeup.

I would definitely spruce up my look around a guy I like. Most days, I dress up/wear makeup because I like how I feel when I'm all made up. However, if there was someone I was crushing on, I'd make a conscious effort to look good, and this includes makeup application (not necessarily more, but more attention paid to how I apply my makeup, etc).

I find it interesting that every woman claims she doesn't wear much makeup beyond mascara and gloss. We can't all be telling the truth...

I find it interesting that every woman claims she doesn't wear much makeup beyond mascara and gloss. We can't all be telling the truth...

I didn't claim this. So it can't be "every" woman.

I didn't claim this. So it can't be "every" woman.

*sigh* Does it matter if YOU said it? I was speaking generally. That said, yes you did. You said, (and I quote) "Generally speaking, I don't wear a lot of makeup..."

Do you mean when a woman is starting to see someone? I do this in front of my bf all the time...I usually apply my make up in his car. My interest in him only grows with time.

*sigh* Does it matter if YOU said it? I was speaking generally. That said, yes you did. You said, (and I quote) "Generally speaking, I don't wear a lot of makeup..."

Um, yes it does. You stated "every" and I was making it clear that I did not (as I'm sure others didn't either). And when one says "a lot of makeup" that doesn't necessarily mean different kinds of makeup (read: lipstick + concealer + mascara + liner, etc)... It can mean lots of base (i.e. concealer and foundation with a touch of mascara and gloss).

It's rather silly to lie on an internet forum, don't you think?

Most women I know generally don't wear a lot of makeup (that is, they wear the basics OR they go easy on the application). Obviously they turn it up a notch for weddings, dates, parties, etc.

i don't wear much... mascara, and lip color.

if i'm attending a black tie or formal event, i wear more for those occasions. still nothing over the top though... i still like it to look natural.