Ladies - Would you date someone younger than you?

shylight200

I recently met this really nice sweet guy who unfortunately is younger than I am. I just turned 22 last month and he's turning 21 in a few months. I kinda unsure about going on a date with him because of the age difference. I've never dated anyone younger than me. I'm not sure I"m entirely comfortable with the idea.

The youngest guy I ever dated was 6 months younger than me but this was in my teens. He was way too young for me, emotionally and intellectually. It didn't last long and I refused to be his g/f. He used to call me his part-time g/f and even then, that was his title, not one I wanted.

As for you, that depends on whether or not he's in the same space as you. Between 21 and 22, is there really a big difference in intellectual and emotional states? This is a question you have to ask yourself. Try not to allow any external expectations to influence your decision. Do you really like him?

I'm 25 and my answer is: no.

Guys who are a few years younger than me often aren't ready to settle down and commit, they aren't stable enough yet (both emotionally and financially wise). And since I make good money, I don't wanna have to support a boy who just moved out of his parents.

I'd rather be with an older guy who's got his priorities straight and can enjoy the finer things in life. I can't imagine myself going to a posh restaurant or some fancy place with a 22 year old kid.

SoulSearch_CO

I'm 28 and I'd prefer NOT to date someone younger than myself. I haven't met one younger than myself yet that I could relate to on a maturity level. So it would have to be proven first, then I would consider it.

All that matters is how he makes you feel, and how you make him feel.

I could understand you asking if there happened to be a 30 year age difference. One day you will realise how silly you are right now.

I don't think she's being silly at all, people overlook relationships because of the littlest things. Age shouldn't be any different. Most people, especially women, find that dating an older men brings more maturity to a relationship.

I believe it has to be the way we were brought up. Most women like a take charged men, be it successes in life, or or the way they present their masculinity, age in a way defines what a man is.

Most people, especially women, find that dating an older men brings more maturity to a relationship.
You're probably right: Most men would not feel playful when dating another man.

xpaperxcutx, you'll see the light too one day.

I recently met this really nice sweet guy who unfortunately is younger than I am. I just turned 22 last month and he's turning 21 in a few months. I kinda unsure about going on a date with him because of the age difference. I've never dated anyone younger than me. I'm not sure I"m entirely comfortable with the idea.

It's curious that no one has a problem with women dating younger males. But I started a thread about an older male dating a younger female and I'm called nasty things. Down right call for violence towards me. Very curious indeed.

Does he trat you nice and like a lady? If the answer is yes, then what's the big deal? He's legal right? And he's mature and respectful right?

• Author

As for you, that depends on whether or not he's in the same space as you. Between 21 and 22, is there really a big difference in intellectual and emotional states? This is a question you have to ask yourself. Try not to allow any external expectations to influence your decision. Do you really like him?

There doesn't seem to be a huge gap between us. We're both at the same places pretty much. I'm not looking for a forever relationship with him or anything, just something fun but if it leads to anything more, then great. I'm not really taking it too seriously. And yes, I do like him. He makes me laugh :)

well I sure hope so, since I'm currently pursuing a girl who's 2 years older than me (I'm 23, she's 25)

That's great. How's it going?

I'm 25 and my answer is: no.

Guys who are a few years younger than me often aren't ready to settle down and commit, they aren't stable enough yet (both emotionally and financially wise). And since I make good money, I don't wanna have to support a boy who just moved out of his parents.

I'd rather be with an older guy who's got his priorities straight and can enjoy the finer things in life. I can't imagine myself going to a posh restaurant or some fancy place with a 22 year old kid.

Well, I won't be supporting him or anything since we're both still in school. But I see where you're coming from and in some ways that's also my concern.

I don't think she's being silly at all, people overlook relationships because of the littlest things. Age shouldn't be any different. Most people, especially women, find that dating an older men brings more maturity to a relationship.

That's true. Not to say that he's immature or anything but while I'm researching grad school and jobs (since I'm a senior), he's still partying and stuff and not at all concerned with his future yet (he's a junior). Which is fine cause that's how I was my first few years. But I don't know, I kinda want to be with someone who's going through this too or has been through this.

It's curious that no one has a problem with women dating younger males. But I started a thread about an older male dating a younger female and I'm called nasty things. Down right call for violence towards me. Very curious indeed.

Weren't you after a girl that was barely legal...?

Does he trat you nice and like a lady? If the answer is yes, then what's the big deal? He's legal right? And he's mature and respectful right?

Yeah, he really does. I mean, he's so old fashioned sometimes. Like the few times we've hung out, he's paid for everything even though it wasn't a date, he opens doors for me and things like that. It's really cute.

Then what's stopping you from going on a date with him? Go for it! Life's too short to worry about less than a year, if you're both at the same stage!

• Author
Then what's stopping you from going on a date with him? Go for it! Life's too short to worry about less than a year, if you're both at the same stage!

Yeah...he great and all and i really like him...but he's younger than me! Even if it was by a few days, it just feels weird for some reason

Yeah...he great and all and i really like him...but he's younger than me! Even if it was by a few days, it just feels weird for some reason

Go out with him once, at least. This way you'll have no regrets and probably have a lot of fun. :bunny::laugh:

That's great. How's it going?

well I've been trying to describe it here: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t172701/

I haven't added to the thread since our last meet, but she's accepted a movie outing on Sunday... so I guess things are going well enough.

it does feel slightly odd (her being older) when I think about it... but then it's only 2 and bit years... and the only time I think about it is when I'm not with her. When I'm around her, it never crosses my mind.

If you really like him then just go for it! Im 22 and my boyfriend is 21, we are almost exactly a year apart his bday is the day before mine. We have been together almost 2 years. I never thought i would date anyone younger than me however it was the best decision i ever made. He is amazing, my other half and i love him so much. Through our relationship we both have grown up alot and he is surprisingly more mature than some of the older guys i have been with. The only "problem" we have had that has been age related was earlier this year when i was trying to decide what to do after graduation. We worked through it and are talking about our future plans together.

Basically if you like him just give it a chance you never know how it will turn out.