Boyfriend cares for me when we're together but doesn't talk to me when we're not...?

endless-destiny

endless-destiny

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year and we're the best of friends and I've always thought of him as being the one person I can talk to about anything - well, that is, until he got his new job back in September. He lives quite a distance away (about 20 miles) and I can travel out to see him but usually he comes out to see me on the bus every Saturday.

When we're together we get on brilliantly. But... recently, probably for about the last month or so, I'm the one doing all the texting/calling and he only gets weekdays off, which are when I'm in college so we can't really see each other. I can barely ring him where he works/lives because there's hardly any signal and in the beginning, he used to go to the spots he knew that had signal in order to phone me or text me. Now however, apparently he's working all the time and I'm going for maybe a whole week without getting a single text from him. I started by crowding him I guess - I used to get so worried about him so I'd ring him over and over but he'd never answer his phone. I'd text him asking if we could talk - and I suppose that's the worst thing I could have done - but there'd be no reply or anything.

What's upset me most is that he knows I've been really ill lately and he hasn't even bothered to phone me up to ask if I'm ok or anything. It's really upsetting. He knows he's never there for me any more - he brought it up the other day and I told him it'd help if he was easier to get hold of, so he said 'he'd try', but the situation's getting worse.

What can I do?

I wouldn't jump to that particular conclusion yet, necessarily, but it does sound like he isn't prioritizing you in the same way that you are prioritizing him. The fact that he hasn't even called to comment/ask about your sickness is a little troubling, I'd say. He may just be stressed with work or feeling the need to detach if you're bombing him with calls, but either way, it doesn't sound like he is giving you much time. I wouldn't say "break up!", but you guys definitely need to discuss this, since your needs here are entirely justified. If he doesn't seem willing to make an effort, then it might be worth looking elsewhere. It takes just a few minutes to make a simple phonecall. Even in the most stressful of jobs, you can always make time for it.

LucreziaBorgia

At any rate, in a situation like this the best thing you can do is put down the phone, stop emailing/texting, and accept that he has passively broken up with you.

There really isn't anything to talk about - he will not tell you the truth about why he has done this, and you will not be happy with anything he has to tell you otherwise.

He has walked away - time for you to do the same.

He is not texting without clear explanations ...

He is not caring any more like he did before ...

You know the answer yourself ..

Talk to him and tell him , you are out of it ... You will see how he reacts . His reaction will tell you all . Tis The best test .

Do not break your heart . If it`s over , it was meant to be over then .