Asking out my roommate's friend..how?

monkey00

So I've met my roommate's friend a few times already. And the last time I met her, it's obvious to me she has a crush on me. But so far I haven't had the chance to ask her out or it's slipped my mind to do so.

Now there are these possibilities:

1) Ask my roomie if she's single (which she probably is), and ask him to play matchmaker. Which he may or may not do.

2) Wait till the next time I run into her..which likely will happen again if not soon.

3) Add her to my facebook, talk with her, and ask her out there

Which do you think would be the better method? I'm fine with either, but I don't feel like resorting to 3 because it's like I'm going behind my roommate's back and doing it. Him and I are really cool with each other.

She has a crush on you, but do you even like her? (Cos, if you're interested in her, I can't figure out how it could "slip your mind" to have asked her out?)

I'd talk with roommate, and then invite her over as part of a bigger get-together. If you can ask her out in person rather than facebook, text, email, to me that's a kind of more "gentlemanly" or classy approach (but maybe that's just cost I'm an 'older folk'.)

SoulSearch_CO

I'd go with a combo of 1 & 2. Ask your roomie about her status, make sure he's not interested in her at all, then ask her out yourself.

I would ask the roomie first to double check if everything is all good, but I wouldn't ask him to play matchmaker for you.

Agreed. Asking him her status makes the situation easier to approach her and ask her out to lunch when you see her next.