I am scared

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I have been looking on line and other places (not limiting myself to any avenue). Not aggressively, not with any sense of urgency. Just looking around. I have made a connection or two with a few people. I have no reason to think that they are bad or looking for sex or whatever else. I haven't even chatted on the phone with them. But the potential of meeting is there for the few I have made connections with on line.

The problem? I'm scared. I've been burned so many times. I'm going to be 34 next month, I feel like I am one of those desperate old maids in the making. I just don't have the cats to go with it. But I am tired of getting burned so many times. I get back up on the horse and keep trying, but my past experiences are making me bitter. I work very hard to keep myself from becoming a bitter person, but sometimes I feel like things are out of my control. What can or can't be done about this? Simply get back on the horse and keep trying? I wish there was another answer. Anyone feel the same sometimes?

Yes, everyone has felt this way sometime in their life.

Are you even ready to be dating again? Don't rush anything just because you're 34 else you might get burned again. Almost everyone gets burned at least once in their lives. This is normal. It's part of the dating process.

Some people deal with it better than others. It's always hard when this happens, but you shouldn't let the past dictate your future. Be optimistic and you'll find true love.

mental_traveller

No risk, no reward.

Try treating it less seriously. Treat dating as a fun game for a while, that way you can experiment without getting so caught up in the potential consequences.