25yo guy who has never dated

tnemvayla

Hey everyone, I am a 25 year old guy who has never dated.

Now, when I say never dated, I mean it. I went to a homecoming dance once in 7th grade. That was 12 years ago.

I used to really have self esteem and confidence problems. I was a nerdy, lanky, non-athletic smoker. It really is no wonder why I didn't attract girls at that time. I was too preoccupied anyways, though. Between shrugging off all authority, getting into trouble in all areas of life, treating my closest friends badly, and dealing with the legal system, I really didn't have the time or desire to pursue a female.

I have changed my life significantly since then. I have not been in legal trouble since I was 16. I quit smoking at 22. I started running 4 times a week when I was 23. I changed my diet and cut 80% of my sugar intake. I am confident in my appearance, my ambitions, and my intellect. I adopted a new sense of style, and I notice that I now get seemingly interested looks from pretty girls quite often.

I am in college now (finally decided it was time) and I am at a loss as to what to do. I missed all of the high school dating stuff, never went to prom or anything like that. I can confidently talk to women, but I can never seem to come out with the questions I would need to ask to get a date. I can compliment a girl sincerely, I can talk with her about school, or current events, or style, or whatever... but whenever I try to ask for a date, I get denied.

It makes me wonder if I am dateable... it makes me feel like I am just destined to be alone. My standards may be too high? I refuse to date anyone that smokes or doesn't exercise (ie overweight), as I do not want to be dragged back into either lifestyle. I am pretty athletic now, between running, hiking, swimming, and working out, and I want a girl that I can enjoy these sorts of activities with.

A girl last month made it really clear that she was interested in me... 5'9" and well over 200# made it really clear that she is not a fan of exercise, though. I am 6'5" and 170#, for comparison.

Anyways, I am stuck not knowing how I should proceed.

On one hand, I think that I should just go around and keep asking the girls I am attracted to until I get a date with one of them. The problem is I wouldn't have a clue what to do then. I have never had a girl's phone number to call, so I don't know what to do there. It would be my first date, and if the situation presented itself where she wanted me to kiss her, either then or on a subsequent date, would I recognize that opportunity? I doubt it. And who wants to date a 25 year old guy with no dating experience, even if he does have an heir of confidence?

On the other hand, I think I should just try hanging out in a specific girl's circle who I decide I want to date until we are kind of friends, and then ask her. That way, we are already comfortable talking about everything under the sun and I know her well enough to read her a bit better. But there are tons of people who say once you are friends, you will never be anything more.

I really wish I could just find a girl who is pretty and athletic who wants to mold her boyfriend. You know? I am not willing to completely 180 just for a girl, but I am well aware of the power of change and I never want to stagnate. If I found a girl who wanted to teach me to dance, teach me her sense of what a guy's style should be, and that sort of thing... I am a fast learner and I am spontaneous and I love the idea of romantic gesturing and listening and reciprocation, etc, etc...

I am also a big fan of commitment, but I am not the jealous type. I really just want to have a girlfriend... I don't want to date a whole bunch of people and whittle down my options. The girl I desire will have a brain in her head, for one thing. And the only way I have found to see if that pretty girl in class is intellectual is to wait and see before asking her out. By then, it is often too late.

I don't know what the hell to do.

The larger voice in my head says keep trying, try everything, don't give up. The little voice says screw it, you are destined to be solitary, go find a hooker and concentrate on something else. I know I will not get any lasting satisfaction that way though, and so I ignore that voice.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I would greatly appreciate some.

Thanks and wish me luck. I guess I need it.

TPN

Just ask a girl out who you find interesting or makes you smile. You need to get your feet wet and not agonize so much about whether she will be "the one". Don't worry about how you will kiss her. Trust in the process. It will happen.

malibustacydoll

Maybe you should hangout with this girl if you like her in just about every other aspect. Sometimes you have to give people a chance. You should tell her up front though that for now you just want to be friends. Being friends with girls helps to meet other girls too. I have a boyfriend and I have still met guys who I can introduce to my friends who are single.

Woo! Join the club. Though technically I'm still a couple weeks away from being 25.

Just wanted to join in; I have no advice on how to not be in this predicament obviously.

First off at 6'5 and in good shape you have no excuse... although you do sound a little on the skinny side. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE. Why would you want to let a girl mold you. Seriously be a man go for what you want, mold them. What state r u in? Look if you want to get girls you have to be cool... thus you should get friends... do you already have a group of friends... how about joining a sports team then you'll have a group of friends who are also in shape and you guys can throw parties like bar'bq's and that will give you a line to invite girls from class or where ever to the dinner parties. Look man women like to get taken so just be a hell of a lot more agressive cause if I understand you corectly you've never even kissed a girl... you could fix that this weekend just walk up to a hot chick at a party and kiss her, oh and I suck at dancing doesn't stop me just walk up to girls and just start dancing

• Author
First off at 6'5 and in good shape you have no excuse... although you do sound a little on the skinny side. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE. Why would you want to let a girl mold you. Seriously be a man go for what you want, mold them. What state r u in? Look if you want to get girls you have to be cool... thus you should get friends... do you already have a group of friends... how about joining a sports team then you'll have a group of friends who are also in shape and you guys can throw parties like bar'bq's and that will give you a line to invite girls from class or where ever to the dinner parties. Look man women like to get taken so just be a hell of a lot more agressive cause if I understand you corectly you've never even kissed a girl... you could fix that this weekend just walk up to a hot chick at a party and kiss her, oh and I suck at dancing doesn't stop me just walk up to girls and just start dancing

A bit skinny but getting better every day I hit the gym. :)

I know I have no excuse... other than the old "Well, I have never done it before in this capacity" excuse.

I can't stand competitive sports mainly because I have tried it and in the end I have no team spirit. I could care less which side wins as long as we have fun. Teammates don't like that attitude, but I refuse to stress out over something like a sports game.

It isn't that I have never kissed a girl before. But I have never done so on a date. I am not a virgin, just a dating virgin... sometimes things happen at a party or whatever but I have never actually "dated."

I feel like someone who has ice skated once or twice that is now trying to win a college hockey game or something. I am just so floored by all of the stuff that she would probably expect to happen on a date that have no precedents in my life.

For years I thought I just needed this or that extra bit of confidence. That is why I got into running. Its why I started working out. Its why I bought a Mustang. Its why I bought a BMW. Its why I replaced pretty much my entire wardrobe over the past couple years. Its why I have a $400 watch on my wrist. Its why I bought a nice leather jacket. Its why I have a $200 Charles Jourdan messenger bag.

And now, I have the image I want... and still nothing to show for it, ultimately.

Thanks for the tips. Let me know if there is anything else I should know or ponder over.

TPN

• Author
Just ask a girl out who you find interesting or makes you smile. You need to get your feet wet and not agonize so much about whether she will be "the one". Don't worry about how you will kiss her. Trust in the process. It will happen.

Thanks. Sometimes what is obvious to others isn't to me. I guess I do agonize an awful lot over stuff I have little control over.

It is like anything, I have to start small. Sometimes I get into a funk where I see some dorky, overweight nerd talking about moving in with his girlfriend of 8 months or something... and I go, wow, if that guy can get a girlfriend and I can't, then what the heck is wrong with me?

I need to control that I guess... it gets harder every day.

Tnemvayla, you have started a conversation with guys out in public, right?

Do the same with women. If you think about it, it is, basically, the same thing.

You just think it is different becasue that person is female. She is a human being, just like a guy.

Put yourself in that mindset.

There was one time I was at the gas station filling up, and I got to talking to some guy about his car. I liked it, and asked him some questions on it. We got to talking for about 5 or so minutes.

If I wanted another friend, I would abve asked him if he wanted to get together sometime for a gamne of bowling, pool, or whatever.

Now, take that situation, and instead of him being a guy, he was a woman, but used different words to get together.

I could have said something like: "Hey, do you like Mexican?" She says "yes," and I would say, I have to get going, but why don't we continue this over at _______ sometime this week for lunch or dinner."

We ask a guy out to go do something, and then a friendship developes, right? Why can't a guy do the same with women? But with them it is a "date."

Start conversations and talk to women basically like you do with guys. Ask them out to go do something, just like you do with guys.

That's all there is to it.

Another way to ask women out is to "invite" them to tag along to a place you are going to, instead of asking for a "date."

For example, let's say you want to get out of the house for a while. You know, just to get out and do something. Maybe to a movie and then for some ice cream. During a conversatin with a woman, tell her that you are thinking about getting out of the house for awhile, just to get out. Tell her that you want to go see _____ and then go over to _______ for some ice cream or whatver, and then casually invite her along.

To make it easier on your nerves, heh, and in case she declines and it makes you feel awkward, invite her along like you would a friend. If she declines, it ain't no big thing, because you are going anyway, right? You are just inviting her along. Then just keep talking to her as before.

Good luck, bro.

Perry

TheList.FM

But Perry, the difference between talking to men and talking to women in public is men know you're just being friendly and not hitting on them. If a guy starts talking to a woman, she'll assume he's hitting on her and be offended.

I don't understand.

Why would a woman be offended from being asked out?

You mean that he wasn't sincere in the conversation, that he just brought up the question as a way to start a conversation, and then get a date?

Isn't that the way it has always been? Isn't that how our parents got together???

Besides, many times it is a genuine conversation, started with a genuine question, AND it is about getting a date.

No???

• Author
Tnemvayla, you have started a conversation with guys out in public, right?

Yes, I suppose I have. I start conversations with random people (usually guys, but sometimes girls). In fact, I love doing it. It lets me see how other people think.

On the other hand:

If I wanted another friend, I would have asked him if he wanted to get together sometime for a game of bowling, pool, or whatever.

We ask a guy out to go do something, and then a friendship develops, right? Why can't a guy do the same with women? But with them it is a "date."

I must say I have never asked some guy I met somewhere to do anything with me. I do not hang out with people from work or from school. Now that I think about it, several times that opportunity has presented itself... where some other guy was like "So, we're all going over to Old Chicago to play some pool and drink some beers, you wanna go with?"

I always say no. Not sure why, exactly. I guess I always figure they would have more fun without me, like they asked to be nice. I AM starting to see a pattern here, though. Your point is taken and appreciated. I think I need to realize that if people don't want to hang out with me, they probably won't feel obligated to. I need to live my life and not worry about everything so much.

I never ask guys to do things of that nature because I don't want to come off sounding like I need friends or something. I think I over analyze these things in advance and prevent myself from just living my life with some spontaneity.

Actually, today, I saw this one girl come into the commons area who I previously thought really disliked me. Now, to be fair, she looked around to see if she recognized anyone else, so I know I was not her first choice of company. But, she came over and sat down and we started talking about all sorts of things, from her chemistry lab, to how she had mono last month, to Shakespeare, to drinking habits, to life ambitions. She seemed interested and surprised at the books I was reading and that helped the conversation. (not that it matters, but they are The Skeptical Environmentalist: Measuring the True State of the World and Grays Anatomy [the anatomical compendium, not the television novelization])

Turned out that her class she came for was canceled, and after finding that out, she came back to talk more... I was amazed that she would show up for a 4PM class, it was canceled, and she and I chatted until 520PM before I decided I had to leave. Then, she walked with me out to our cars.

Lessons learned?

1.) Clearly she did not dislike me as much as I thought.

2.) Building from lesson one, I should probably not rely too much on my perceptions of womens' feelings given my lack of experience with them.

3.) Even girls I have no chance with can be extremely interesting to talk to for a long period of time (I kind of knew that already... just didn't have a bunch of experience to base it on)

4.) Women are not really that hard to talk to if I genuinely listen and add to the conversation when I can, and keep my libido in check.

(As a side note, I do have a mild interest in her... but she mentioned several times that she was doing this or that at "my boyfriend Steve's house" or that "my boyfriend loves white russians" etc. So she is either taken or wants me to believe she is and therefore is off my radar.)

I guess I will try it, Perry. I will do just what you said I should do.

One question though. What do you do if you ask a girl out for a drink and it turns out that she is not 21 yet? Do I change the destination and ask her out for something else, or does that just seem weird?

Thanks for the advice!

Look man at 6'5 getting a date should be easy as pie. First off ask every girl you see out to something they won't want to say no too. If your going to a good house party for instance or even better throwing a party all week long you can ask girls at the drive through window... in the check out line.. every where really if they want to come to your party and that you're trying to meet new people... bam if they even say they might want to come to the party tell them you want to get their number and that you;'ll text them so they have yours too. then save there number and send them a txt like "hey its me ____ hope you come to the party"... then even if they don't come to the party you can send them a txt some other day "want to go out for drinks tonight"

lovestruck818
Hey everyone, I am a 25 year old guy who has never dated.

Now, when I say never dated, I mean it. I went to a homecoming dance once in 7th grade. That was 12 years ago.

I used to really have self esteem and confidence problems. I was a nerdy, lanky, non-athletic smoker. It really is no wonder why I didn't attract girls at that time. I was too preoccupied anyways, though. Between shrugging off all authority, getting into trouble in all areas of life, treating my closest friends badly, and dealing with the legal system, I really didn't have the time or desire to pursue a female.

I have changed my life significantly since then. I have not been in legal trouble since I was 16. I quit smoking at 22. I started running 4 times a week when I was 23. I changed my diet and cut 80% of my sugar intake. I am confident in my appearance, my ambitions, and my intellect. I adopted a new sense of style, and I notice that I now get seemingly interested looks from pretty girls quite often.

I am in college now (finally decided it was time) and I am at a loss as to what to do. I missed all of the high school dating stuff, never went to prom or anything like that. I can confidently talk to women, but I can never seem to come out with the questions I would need to ask to get a date. I can compliment a girl sincerely, I can talk with her about school, or current events, or style, or whatever... but whenever I try to ask for a date, I get denied.

It makes me wonder if I am dateable... it makes me feel like I am just destined to be alone. My standards may be too high? I refuse to date anyone that smokes or doesn't exercise (ie overweight), as I do not want to be dragged back into either lifestyle. I am pretty athletic now, between running, hiking, swimming, and working out, and I want a girl that I can enjoy these sorts of activities with.

A girl last month made it really clear that she was interested in me... 5'9" and well over 200# made it really clear that she is not a fan of exercise, though. I am 6'5" and 170#, for comparison.

Anyways, I am stuck not knowing how I should proceed.

On one hand, I think that I should just go around and keep asking the girls I am attracted to until I get a date with one of them. The problem is I wouldn't have a clue what to do then. I have never had a girl's phone number to call, so I don't know what to do there. It would be my first date, and if the situation presented itself where she wanted me to kiss her, either then or on a subsequent date, would I recognize that opportunity? I doubt it. And who wants to date a 25 year old guy with no dating experience, even if he does have an heir of confidence?

On the other hand, I think I should just try hanging out in a specific girl's circle who I decide I want to date until we are kind of friends, and then ask her. That way, we are already comfortable talking about everything under the sun and I know her well enough to read her a bit better. But there are tons of people who say once you are friends, you will never be anything more.

I really wish I could just find a girl who is pretty and athletic who wants to mold her boyfriend. You know? I am not willing to completely 180 just for a girl, but I am well aware of the power of change and I never want to stagnate. If I found a girl who wanted to teach me to dance, teach me her sense of what a guy's style should be, and that sort of thing... I am a fast learner and I am spontaneous and I love the idea of romantic gesturing and listening and reciprocation, etc, etc...

I am also a big fan of commitment, but I am not the jealous type. I really just want to have a girlfriend... I don't want to date a whole bunch of people and whittle down my options. The girl I desire will have a brain in her head, for one thing. And the only way I have found to see if that pretty girl in class is intellectual is to wait and see before asking her out. By then, it is often too late.

I don't know what the hell to do.

The larger voice in my head says keep trying, try everything, don't give up. The little voice says screw it, you are destined to be solitary, go find a hooker and concentrate on something else. I know I will not get any lasting satisfaction that way though, and so I ignore that voice.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I would greatly appreciate some.

Thanks and wish me luck. I guess I need it.

TPN

Not to be rude, but I think part of the reason why you are having a hard time is b/c you are 25 and still in college. I refuse to date anyone who doesn't have his degree by 22. There's no excuse for it.

Also for me personally, 6'5" 170lbs is waaaay too tall & skinny...but then again I am 5'1" on a good day.

What kind of job do you have? That could be a factor as well. I think the events of your rocky past may be causing you to still be single.

Then again, I'm 26 and single and my past is the opposite of yours. I did have my bachelors degree @ 21, though.

lovestruck818
Look man at 6'5 getting a date should be easy as pie. First off ask every girl you see out to something they won't want to say no too. If your going to a good house party for instance or even better throwing a party all week long you can ask girls at the drive through window... in the check out line.. every where really if they want to come to your party and that you're trying to meet new people... bam if they even say they might want to come to the party tell them you want to get their number and that you;'ll text them so they have yours too. then save there number and send them a txt like "hey its me ____ hope you come to the party"... then even if they don't come to the party you can send them a txt some other day "want to go out for drinks tonight"

Your first sentence is not true. There ARE women that don't dig tall guys...me, for one.

I don't understand.

Why would a woman be offended from being asked out?

You mean that he wasn't sincere in the conversation, that he just brought up the question as a way to start a conversation, and then get a date?

Isn't that the way it has always been? Isn't that how our parents got together???

Besides, many times it is a genuine conversation, started with a genuine question, AND it is about getting a date.

No???

I always figured women hated getting hit on since they constantly complain about it.

Not to be rude, but I think part of the reason why you are having a hard time is b/c you are 25 and still in college. I refuse to date anyone who doesn't have his degree by 22. There's no excuse for it.

You can go to college at any time in your life. It's not like he's spent the last 7 years trying to finish his bachelor's degree because he's been failing out of his classes every semester. Not a lot, but I know a few people in my classes who go to college late. They either had some kind of problem when they were younger, didn't have the money and needed to work for a few years, or were in the military for a few years as soon as they turned 18. One guy I know here just came back from Iraq and he's very ambitious to start his education, even though he's a freshmen at 23. Neither of those are good reasons to discriminate against someone for not having a bachelor's degree by 22 as long as they're on track now.

lovestruck818
I always figured women hated getting hit on since they constantly complain about it.

You can go to college at any time in your life. It's not like he's spent the last 7 years trying to finish his bachelor's degree because he's been failing out of his classes every semester. Not a lot, but I know a few people in my classes who go to college late. They either had some kind of problem when they were younger, didn't have the money and needed to work for a few years, or were in the military for a few years as soon as they turned 18. One guy I know here just came back from Iraq and he's very ambitious to start his education, even though he's a freshmen at 23. Neither of those are good reasons to discriminate against someone for not having a bachelor's degree by 22 as long as they're on track now.

I disagree...if you go to the army b/c you want to, that's different...but if you go into the army b/c you're not smart enough to get into college and the army is the only thing you can do, that's a problem. Money is not a legit reason either. Schools give financial aid and a student can take out a loan. You can also go to college and work. I don't see any good reason really why someone shouldn't have a degree by the time they are 22.

PS if your friend was very ambitious about starting his education, he would have started it @ 18 when one should start it. THAT's an ambitious person, not starting @ 23...army or not.

How about those that simultaneously major in technical degrees. If you can get out with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and a B.S. in Computer Science in less than 7 years, my hat goes off to you.

lovestruck818
How about those that simultaneously major in technical degrees. If you can get out with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and a B.S. in Computer Science in less than 7 years, my hat goes off to you.

If they start @ 18, that's fine...some programs are not designed to take 4 years. (My college had a 3.5 year computer science program)

Go for it and don't worry. Even people with "dating experience" make some mistakes and whatnot. There are no set rules since every person and every situation is different, so even those with experience mainly play it by ear. Simply take it one step at a time.

Also keep in mind that a 25 y/o guy with no experience is much better than a 45 y/o with no experience. So don't waste any more time :)

I disagree...if you go to the army b/c you want to, that's different...but if you go into the army b/c you're not smart enough to get into college and the army is the only thing you can do, that's a problem. Money is not a legit reason either. Schools give financial aid and a student can take out a loan. You can also go to college and work. I don't see any good reason really why someone shouldn't have a degree by the time they are 22.

PS if your friend was very ambitious about starting his education, he would have started it @ 18 when one should start it. THAT's an ambitious person, not starting @ 23...army or not.

First of all, don't judge my friend. He went into the NAVY at 18 because he was ambitious to serve his country. That's better than you or I can say as we sat in the safety and comfort of a college at 18.

Second of all, who are you Ms. High and Mighty to say someone is lazy or not worthy enough for you if they don't have a freakin degree by 22? Seriously, that's ridiculous to me. As I said, it's one thing if they're taking 8 years to finish a degree. It's another thing if they just started college a few years later.

lovestruck818
First of all, don't judge my friend. He went into the NAVY at 18 because he was ambitious to serve his country. That's better than you or I can say as we sat in the safety and comfort of a college at 18.

Second of all, who are you Ms. High and Mighty to say someone is lazy or not worthy enough for you if they don't have a freakin degree by 22? Seriously, that's ridiculous to me. As I said, it's one thing if they're taking 8 years to finish a degree. It's another thing if they just started college a few years later.

I graduated college in 3 years, but ok...sorry, getting a degree is really the easiest thing in the world and if someone can't do that, then no, they are not good enough for me. It's not that much to ask for to just go through the motions and get the paper. People who can't or don't want to are simply lazy.

I think a lot of highly educated people would look down on someone who is 23 and doesn't have a degree. It's not just me who feels this way...I'm just the only one who will voice it b/c i really don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me.

Just because it's easy for people like you and I doesn't mean it's that way for everyone. And getting a degree in 4 years doesn't make you smart. While there are a lot of bright people here, there are also a lot of idiots who will graduate in 4 years with degrees that did nothing but drink and party for their time here while they barely got through their relatively easy majors. My point is, a degree by 22 alone really doesn't say much about a person. I know a guy who came out of a vo-tech high school and worked for his father's landscaping business for a few years, gradually earning enough money to invest in something better. Now he's in his mid-20's and is a multi-millionaire real estate agent with many offices throughout this region. He doesn't have a college degree, nor does he really need it.

As Frank Zappa once said, "If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." Your education is what you make of it, not what some fancy sheet of paper says. You can go to college and decide to pursue something rigorous where you really learn something, or you can go and slack off and major in communications. In both instances you get a degree.

lovestruck818
Just because it's easy for people like you and I doesn't mean it's that way for everyone. And getting a degree in 4 years doesn't make you smart. While there are a lot of bright people here, there are also a lot of idiots who will graduate in 4 years with degrees that did nothing but drink and party for their time here while they barely got through their relatively easy majors. My point is, a degree by 22 alone really doesn't say much about a person. I know a guy who came out of a vo-tech high school and worked for his father's landscaping business for a few years, gradually earning enough money to invest in something better. Now he's in his mid-20's and is a multi-millionaire real estate agent with many offices throughout this region. He doesn't have a college degree, nor does he really need it.

As Frank Zappa once said, "If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." Your education is what you make of it, not what some fancy sheet of paper says. You can go to college and decide to pursue something rigorous where you really learn something, or you can go and slack off and major in communications. In both instances you get a degree.

Not everyone who majors in Mass Comm slacks off...I majored in Mass Comm and got out in 3 years b/c I did so well and took like 8 classes a semester. And yes, you're right, having a degree doesn't make someone smart or not having one doesn't make someone stupid...but I will tell you, more & more jobs these days are requiring a degree, so it is becoming harder & harder for people to get jobs. I would hate have my spouse or boyfriend or whomever not have a degree, lose his job and then be stuck and not be able to find a new one. A degree makes it easier to find a job...basically it's function is prevent one from being unemployed- that's all it does- but in my eyes, it's very important.

I graduated college in 3 years, but ok...sorry, getting a degree is really the easiest thing in the world and if someone can't do that, then no, they are not good enough for me. It's not that much to ask for to just go through the motions and get the paper. People who can't or don't want to are simply lazy.

I think a lot of highly educated people would look down on someone who is 23 and doesn't have a degree. It's not just me who feels this way...I'm just the only one who will voice it b/c i really don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me.

I think you are forgetting that the OP put this thread up because he was looking for words of support not for some one to come into the thread and call him a loser based on some absurd criteria that being in school past a certain age makes you a loser. Patch Adams was way older than all the other Med students when he decided to go and he was the loveable main character of the movie that I think might have been based on a true story so there. Seriously OP don't let her posts get you down the only thing that is holding you back is yourself I think you can find the gf you want and ignore 26 year olds who base their entire judgement of you based on superficial criteria

lovestruck818
I think you are forgetting that the OP put this thread up because he was looking for words of support not for some one to come into the thread and call him a loser based on some absurd criteria that being in school past a certain age makes you a loser. Patch Adams was way older than all the other Med students when he decided to go and he was the loveable main character of the movie that I think might have been based on a true story so there. Seriously OP don't let her posts get you down the only thing that is holding you back is yourself I think you can find the gf you want and ignore 26 year olds who base their entire judgement of you based on superficial criteria

No, he wanted to know what he could have done or what he did wrong to prevent him from never having a date- I just told him...the fact that he doesn't have a degree is a huge huge turnoff for a lot of women. And there's the answer...take it or leave it.