relationship that doesn't exist while sober?

bobmarley17

alright, so i hate to do this becuase i feel like i overanalyze everything, and posting on this forum is even more doing so. but i am too confused to the point where i dont even know what to do anymore. so here i go.

im in college, and theres been a guy who ive been attracted to since the first day of class, (he's in one of my classes). the feelings were reciprocated and we started texting/partying together since we have basically the same circle of friends, i saw him at parties for a month, texted him every weekend night to hang out, we bonded and were together all the time when we were drunk. but ONLY wehen we were drunk.. in class it was pretty awkward, and we just stayed away from each other and only talked to our close friends, except we always looked at each other. eventually we started making out, then hooking up, but again always at parties, and always drunk.

i really, really like this guy and sadly, cannot work up enough courage to approach him when i am sober at school because i am not confident enough , and also because i have no idea what to say to him, i am literally like speechless when i am around him. but then friday and saturday night come along and i can expect a text from him at eight asking me what im doing, saying he wants to hang out, etc. then we meet up, get drunk, and hang out the entire night........ for example last week we left a party together then walked like two miles to a gas station just us. then the weekdays start again, we don't talk the entire week except for maybe a little conversation on facebook or texts, and it starts over on friday. this has been happening for the last two months.but the first time we hooked up past making out was last week, went pretty far, but didn't have sex (drunk of course) and then we did again, this week late on friday night.

i am seriously SO confused, this process can't go on forever? i think it is obvious we are attracted to each other but none of us want to take the next step and actually, hang out sober? i am now questioning if he is using me, but i dont know that either? i know that sounds pathetic to say.. but yeah, i think this entire situation is pretty pathetic.

if anyone wants to share their words of advice that would be very appreciated.

RecordProducer

I applaud at your ability to draw the comon denominator in all settings: drunk. I think HE is the one who is interested in you only when he is drunk. Mybe he has a girlfriend elsewhere? Maybe he's gay? Ask him when you're both drunk.

PrincessPeach

He might just not be that interested in you, but then getting drunk he finds that he is and that he wants to have a little fun. I've known a couple guys who are that way.

He could just have the same confidence issues you have though.