Post-mortem; or reflecting, like the last scene of Boston Legal...

reflecting zen

reflecting zen

OK, I'm just going to throw this out there. It's probably been thrown out before, but I'm going to throw it out again.

Why are women attracted to a**holes?

Or why are they attracted to insanely arrogant guys?

I really really liked this girl, who I met through a close friend. She's just finished med school. She was a bit of a nerd in high school, like me. I could engage with her intellectually, which was amazng. She was attractive. I heard she liked wierd nerdy guys: perfect! I'm totally wierd and nerdy. This was probably the first time in my life that I actually found somebody that I liked and was certain that she liked me as well.

Now I'm not so lucky with women to the point where it really dragged me down. After a number of exercises in self-improvement I managed to actually tell this girl how I felt about her. Her response was "I'm not what you're looking for and you're not what I'm looking for. You don't need me, I'm trouble...". I couldn't believe it, what do I need to do? Her previous bf treated her like crap and was a bit of a basket case. And now I've learnt that she's doing a long distance relationship with another ex, thousands of miles away, WTF?? My friend tells me that he is a complete loser and has no idea why she's doing this either.

This has happened before. I have been overlooked in favour of someone who ends giving them grief in the end. So why does this happen? Why do women find these crazy people so attractive? Hit me with it!

Because life is more varied and interesting with somebody potentially unpredictable.

Give me 4 years of roller-coaster excitement, than 22 years of mind-numbingly boring same-old same-old any day.

Oh.

I've got it.