Deal Breakers for Men

Jersey Shortie

Jersey Shortie

Guys, I am curious what your dealbreakers are when dating. I am not talking about women that don't attract your interest by the physical appereance but things a woman does that turns you off.

When she is broke, my money and I run the other way.

If she is still hung up on her ex.

If her kids are brats.

If she lives too close or is too close to other people in my life.

Hmmm... begging me to do something when I've already clearly stated that I won't.. If the conversation degrades into her going "but please please please please please!!!" - you're out. I once had a girl BEG me to let her drive my truck home when I was sober and she was clearly well-tossed. She pleaded with me the entire half-hour drive home to let her get behind the wheel (she didn't, and I eventually came down on her a little hard to knock off the begging crap). Every whine from her brought me closer and closer to wanting to slit my own wrists.

Girls who use Cosmo magazine as a key to deciphering me. Don't EVER do this. People are infinitely more complex than some stupid half-page survey in a worthless gossip-rag.

Girls who think sounding like an uneducated moron while speaking is "cute". We've all seen what I affectionately refer to as "train-wreck TV"...some worthless show like "The Whores [Girls] Next Door", or generally anything on the E! channel. "If you, like, use, like, the word "like" as, like, every other, like, word in, like, a sentence because, like you watched this one, like, TV show, and OMG the girls were, like, sooo cuuuute..." um --YUCK! This goes for the "OMG" phrase too. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me when a girl is trying to tell me something, and 20 minutes into her talking, I still don't have a clue as to what the topic is - but I've heard the word "like" and the phrase "oh my God" 321,586 times. Seriously - just SPIT IT OUT without all the extraneous crap. IT'S NOT CUTE.

Another thing about speech in general...and this usually goes along with using "like" and "omg"... when every sentence ends in an upturned inflection - as though it were a question instead of a statement. It just lends itself to generally sounding like an idiot.

Girls who are overly exuberant to become "that stupid drunk-girl at lastnight's party." If ya gotta make yourself wasted-idiot-of-the-night-who-passed-out-on-the-bar, you're on your own.

Girls who are my age, but still want to do all the clubbing and hardcore-partying crap every freaking night of the week like they did in their early 20s. C'mon - let's grow up and be adults already. I've gone through that phase in my life already...had fun sure, I spent a lot of money on covers and booze, met some truly worthless people, and finally concluded that it's always the same crap over and over - nothing of any QUALITY ever arose out of that scene - I'm not going back....No begging. :)

Women who don't know what they want, relationship wise and in life - then again, if they're under 26-27 ish this is expected.

Women who read cosmo and think its their guide to reading me (thanks murphomatic!)

Women who gossip a little too much. Yes, I know you talk on girl's night out, but please don't let that stuff run your life and be your favorite past-time.

Women who live by the double standard -the ole "I can gawk about a guy, but you can't drool at any other female"

• Author
Jersey Shortie
drives slow in the left lane

:laugh:

But tbh, they really have to be very attractive or I know I can do better.

We all want to date someone attractive to us. Please stick to the topic. Thanks.

1) Inconsiderate/Disrespectful

2) Can't flirt or laugh--shy Not Fun

3) Not open minded

4) Dirty

5) Princess

6) Blatantly asks you to buy things/Gold digger

7) Crazy-Ex

8) Fake

9) Obnoxious/rude

10) Addicted to any substance

11) Easily influenced by close family or friends

12) Non-Athletic or not health conscious

13) Likes drama

14) Dumb

Plus she needs to be gorgeous or very attractive.

SoulSearch_CO
Girls who think sounding like an uneducated moron while speaking is "cute". We've all seen what I affectionately refer to as "train-wreck TV"...some worthless show like "The Whores [Girls] Next Door", or generally anything on the E! channel. "If you, like, use, like, the word "like" as, like, every other, like, word in, like, a sentence because, like you watched this one, like, TV show, and OMG the girls were, like, sooo cuuuute..." um --YUCK! This goes for the "OMG" phrase too. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me when a girl is trying to tell me something, and 20 minutes into her talking, I still don't have a clue as to what the topic is - but I've heard the word "like" and the phrase "oh my God" 321,586 times. Seriously - just SPIT IT OUT without all the extraneous crap. IT'S NOT CUTE.

Another thing about speech in general...and this usually goes along with using "like" and "omg"... when every sentence ends in an upturned inflection - as though it were a question instead of a statement. It just lends itself to generally sounding like an idiot.

Woot-woot...I'm so glad to see that some men don't think this is cute. LOL

Guys, I am curious what your dealbreakers are when dating. I am not talking about women that don't attract your interest by the physical appereance but things a woman does that turns you off.

if a woman tries to dominate me or boss me around then i'm history. i always tell them up front (after a few dates) that i don't like that...

A lot of the ones above, but the biggest dealbreaker is the inflated-ego. If a girl thinks that she's the **** and is superior to men just because she lacks a Y chromosome, then I want nothing to do with her.

These are some of my dealbreakers:

She smokes

Has no job/no ambition

Drama queen

Too nice

Complains too much

Too needy/needs a lot of attention

Doesn't have a life of her own/her own friends

A plus:

If she's playful - knows how to flirt, tease, and kino

If she knows how to compliment me.

If she's considerate, respectful, and mature.

Bubbly and sweet personality.

These are some of my dealbreakers:

She smokes

Has no job/no ambition

Drama queen

Too nice

Complains too much

Too needy/needs a lot of attention

Doesn't have a life of her own/her own friends

doesn't that rule out the vast majority of females?

doesn't that rule out the majority of females?

Oh yeah..also forgot to add that if she's a total nasty b*tch and a golddigger.

Yeah it probably does. But there are girls out there who are well balanced who don't present those traits.

BubblyPopcorn
Oh yeah..also forgot to add that if she's a total nasty b*tch and a golddigger.

Yeah it probably does. But there are girls out there who are well balanced who don't present those traits.

So not "too nice" and not a "nasty biotch", what about when the monthly misses pays us a visit, do we get a get out a jail free card? ;)

If I find out she has cheated on her ex's.

If she doenst believe in same sex marriage.

If she cant find humor in the movie "Swingers."

If she doesn't cry at the movie "Schindler's List."

If she can't laugh at herself when she is being ridiculous.

If she is a misandrist or a feminist

If she cheated on an ex

If she has ever been a walkaway wife

If she has the I don't need a man mentality

If she is emotionally unstable

If she is an intolerable and nasty person because she thinks it makes her strong

If she purposely had a child without a father

If she has no sense of accountability

Women who don't know what they want, relationship wise and in life - then again, if they're under 26-27 ish this is expected.

lol so so true! I swear to never date women younger than 27!

To answer the question:

Too shy

Doesn't seem interested in me even as a friend

Not too bright

shallow personality

Talks about money

-smokes/drugs/drinks too much

-no goals/ambition/job

-annoying as in talking to much and never listening

-bossy

-gold digger

-lazy/overweight

-no friends

-liar/cheater

-cell phone abuser/textasaures

-won't give me time to hang out with my friends

-complains about things that are unnecessary

-treat people with no respect especially family or close friends

-if she dresses slutty, a little skin is alright but keep it classy

-vegetarians if they try and shove the idea down your throat

-same goes for religion/politics, idc what you are but keep it to yourself

-one sided, everything has to go her way

-can't keep a secret, talking to your friends is fine but certain things should be kept between a couple

-doesn't enjoy movies/music/tv

-non trusting

-doesn't enjoy traveling

-no common sense

So many but what comes to mind...

Smoking

Sexually incompatible

Lack of sex

Wants me to wait too long for sex

Tardiness

Lies

Immature