sickness (sinuses)... how physical should I get?

likestolaugh

So we've now been out on 2 dates basically. One was to a museum and another was for drinks and a shopping trip. On both, we had a good time talking, laughing and teasing...

as for physical contact there hasn't been much... mostly her playfully bumping/poking me during laughs... at the end of the first date (which I wrote about here: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t168052/ ) we hugged, and she said she wanted to talk to me soon and see me soon. As I mentioned then, she seemed to emphasis this.

Both times, I've paid (for the museum admission, and for the drinks/food), but the second time she said that she'd get the bill next time... she seemed quite genuine about that. A couple times "next time" has come up... as in she's invited me to something in a couple weeks... She wants to borrow a book... etc..

anyway, at the end of this second date, instead of the hug, she offered a couple kisses on the cheek, and said "I'll talk to you soon", and left (she was supposed to meet someone). Now personally, I think we had a better time on this date than the first one (not so many jitters).

Unfortunately she seems to be quite hard to read as far as body language. She gets distracted from what I'm saying sometimes (or at least during the shopping), and will sometimes answer her phone in the middle of a convo. Vocally, she's told me that I'm cute, that I look good, and she often apologizes for things that don't particularly need apologizing... as if to make sure she didn't accidentally offend me. So vocally, she seems interested.

What worries me is the kissing. Because people constantly tell me that if I don't try and kiss a girl on the lips, or if she doesn't try to within the 1st couple dates, then it's off.

The complicating factor in all this is that she's currently sick (sinuses), and has been for a few weeks, and probably will be for a couple more. I suppose I could surmise that that's why the kiss hasn't happened, as she seems somewhat ashamed to be sick in front of me (and, therefore might assume that's why I haven't tried to kiss her). We shared some fries, and she mentioned that she didn't double dip as she didn't want me to catch what she has. Perhaps this is the reason why I haven't tried... not that I care if she's sick (she's hot enough I'd kiss her anyway), but I don't want it to be awkward. It's kinda a screwed if you do, and same if you don't situation.

reading this over, I'm not even sure what my question is, other than should I go for it next time, regardless of how she's feeling (sick or not... it's not like she's EXTREMELY sick or anything)? And of course, does it sound as if she's interested...?

• Author

well there's a difference between spending time with someone and not wanting to kiss them because you don't want them to catch something...

I will call her in a couple days anyway (I'm out of town for the next couple), but it's this a possibility?

IME, when women are "sick", they don't feel like interacting with a man on any level :D

So, IMO, don't worry about it. She'll tell you and/or show you when and where her boundaries are. Don't be too empathetic or try to read her mind.

Re-reading your OP, my only other advice is to suggest that you be more proactive. She needs kisses on the cheek and soft words of "I'll see you soon". :)

• Author

well I've told her that I'd call her on Sat or Sun when I get back. I think I'll next her tomorrow, just telling her to have a good time tomorrow night (halloween party). I'm thinking next date (assuming there is one, and assuming the context is good) I'll go in for the kiss, sick or not. However, I'll tell her before I do, just to make sure.....

• Author
Last advice. When kissing a lady, don't talk and don't ask/suggest/whatever. Just do it. :)

Well I do understand that... but considering she's sick, I don't want to spring it on her and make her self-conscious or uncomfortable.

• Author

I suppose the real determining factor here is if she accepts a 3rd date then huh?

for me the first 2 dates are always just feelers... the first being full of jitters, and the second seeing if it's worth continuing. I'd like to continue... I hope she does too. She has LOTS of options, and probably a lot of men clamoring for her, and that's what concerns me...

• Author

true, but she also spends time with her friends.

She's not SO sick that she can't go out... I suspect she takes it a bit easier though (as far as partying is concerned) when she's out with friends, than she might normally. I know she said she tires easily due to the anitbiotics.

I texted her this morning wishing her a happy halloween and telling her to have a good time tonight... she hasn't responded yet (been about an hour). I know that last date she made a point of apologizing for being slow with text responses one night, as she was out or something. I probably shouldn't read anything into this, but you know how it is... you can't help it lol. :)

I know I'm going to be somewhat stressed until I find out if she wants to meet up again... which I should know either tomorrow or Sunday. But that's the real determining factor right? the 3rd date acceptance?

• Author

bah, still no response to my text. bummer. How long does it take to send a "thanks. you too" even if she's totally lost interest? I really thought it might be going all right....