extremely scared of being hurt

goldencloud

You guys, so ive been dating this guy for 3 weeks , we;ve spent like pretty much every weekend together..he calls everyday etc...earlier he called and we chatted..he accidently slipped he was my bf, but then retreated when i said my what?(in a jokey manner)..(he knows ireally like him)...anyways once we were off the phone i wrote a jokey message on his my space wall 'i wuz here 28/10/08)....and this is the convo that happened right after it..please read and advice, i dont want to get my heart broken and get into something that may lead to nothing

HIM- You getting territorial on my wall?

ME-yes

doth thou protest

HIM-No but I do find it amusing - I'm not really a fan of the wall and open communications.

ME-I wuz here=hardly open communication

unless of course your interpretation of open communication is very different from mine!

HIM-By open I mean that it's visible to all !

ME-ooh that makes more sense!

u=undercover forever aka coy

me=fan of useless prattle aka not so coy

HIM-I'm a firm believer in discretion!

ME-well to be honest so am i but to a degree

but am a bit confused, does this mean that everything=forever shrouded behind a cloak of secrecy?

HIM-Easy on the equations there kid. No it does not mean that - but then again I don't want to be publicly signalling the existence of something not yet defined if you see what I mean?

ME-yeah i see what u mean... but uh that message of mine on your wall wasn't meant to signify anything...it was quite blankly...just a message without these silent themes/undertones u think it carries.

HIM-Yeah I know but perception is everything - I guess I'm just a bit cagey about it appearing funny when we've not really decided about our relationship and where it is going yet.

ME-true, honestly things happen as they happen, there is no step process or guide line etc...

but at same time i just get the feeling (and correct me if im wrong) that you think im somehow trying to nail u into a relationship with me.

honestly im not the type to play games, or run in circles. i really do like you, and naturally as a result of this i do want this to go somewhere but i believe these things happen naturally...what do u think

I never talked like that, even when I was young and blatantly stupid about women. No wonder kids think we old farts talk some alien language :D

I'd give him a silence sandwich just out of confusion ;)

Cherry Blossom 35
I never talked like that, even when I was young and blatantly stupid about women. No wonder kids think we old farts talk some alien language :D

I'd give him a silence sandwich just out of confusion ;)

I second that. You did nothing wrong. That message could have been left by anyone- gf, friend, parent! There is nothing there that signifies anything between the two of you.

He's being a bit annoying. I would back off for a bit.

• Author

i'm supposed to meet him tomorrow...should i go? he generally calls me each evening, should i even pick up?

u know he hasn't even replied to my last message yet:mad:

It's sketchy alright and me thinks that there are others in the background on myspace...perhaps even a girlfriend, and he doesn't want you all running into each other in cyberworld.

"I wuz here" hardly constitutes a roof top declaration and for him to be so easily rattled by something so innocent means he is hiding something...or someone.

I'd tread carefully if I were you.