Girl I'm dating is acting weird.. Can anyone decipher this??

FloridaE46

Well I've been dating this girl for about 2 weeks now.. First off both of us have recently gotten out of long term relationships (4 and 5 years)..

Well we have slept together about 6 times and have had sex once.. The thing is, whenever we are departing from eachother she will not kiss me goodbye, its either a hug or I kiss her on the cheek. We don't kiss that often either, probably only 3 times or so.

Anyone know whats going on? Am I just not making the right moves? I know she still talks to her ex, at least through txt, you think its likely shes still seeing him and thats why she is holding back somewhat? She says I'm one of the nicest guys shes met and on top of that her mom loves me.

Wow, you're sleeping with her and have had sex with her and not a one passionate kiss? What did you do during sex, doggie style?

Try this next time you say good-bye (or even hello); take her in your arms and give her a passionate kiss. No hesitation.

Do you want a f*ck-buddy or a girlfriend? That's an important question. :)

dating her for 2 weeks, slept in the same room 6 times, kissed 3 times, sex 1 time. She has been single for months.

The numbers don't sound right to me for a "dating" situation.

I wouldn't be too sure she thinks of your activities as "dating".

• Author
Wow, you're sleeping with her and have had sex with her and not a one passionate kiss? What did you do during sex, doggie style?

Try this next time you say good-bye (or even hello); take her in your arms and give her a passionate kiss. No hesitation.

Do you want a f*ck-buddy or a girlfriend? That's an important question. :)

i know it sounds weird.. thats why i said it in the title.. we have had passionate kisses.. truthfully i dunno what i want right now, but i know i do like her.. i can see my self in a relationship with her though..

haha i met her mom the first time we went out, i was introduced as myself and now her mom sees me quite a bit..

i dunno, does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring things up and talk to her? to find out what she sees or is thinking about the whole thing?

She is rebounding. You're only there to fill the void that her ex left. Once she finds somebody more interesting, she'll move on.

DO NOT consider keeping her around for the long haul. Enjoy the fun you're having with her, enjoy the sex, but know that once she's ready to move on, you will have to as well.

• Author
She is rebounding. You're only there to fill the void that her ex left. Once she finds somebody more interesting, she'll move on.

DO NOT consider keeping her around for the long haul. Enjoy the fun you're having with her, enjoy the sex, but know that once she's ready to move on, you will have to as well.

i thought that but i find it hard to believe that she hasnt had one or multiple rebounds within 4 months, because shes a good looking girl and can easily get a guy to be her rebound. oh well... im definitely not putting my heart into this even though shes really cool.. shes somewhat of a rebound for me as well.

OP...

The thing is, whenever we are departing from each other she will not kiss me goodbye, its either a hug or I kiss her on the cheek. We don't kiss that often either, probably only 3 times or so.

That's what I was basing my response on...

How long are both of you out of your past LTR's? Also, for each of you, who was dumper/dumpee in those LTR's?

Rebound makes some sense, but IME most women that have used me for a rebound were plenty affectionate but weren't "ready" for sexual contact. Perhaps that's more an indicator of era rather than the definition of rebound. In any event, stepping back, ending the contact on friendly terms, and giving yourself time to center might re-set the timing clock. To me, you sound out of synch....

Maybe you have bad breath :laugh:...

Hit on the Mom instead ????...

Okay.. seriously.. she just doesn't know if she wants to get emotionally close to you right now.. she is being guarded..

It's rare but there are women out there that consider a kiss more intimate than sex..

I personally feel that exchanging body fluids of any type is intimate but this is just my opinion...

I think you need to just date her.. if she continues to be aloof then just ask her about it..

• Author
OP...

That's what I was basing my response on...

How long are both of you out of your past LTR's? Also, for each of you, who was dumper/dumpee in those LTR's?

Rebound makes some sense, but IME most women that have used me for a rebound were plenty affectionate but weren't "ready" for sexual contact. Perhaps that's more an indicator of era rather than the definition of rebound. In any event, stepping back, ending the contact on friendly terms, and giving yourself time to center might re-set the timing clock. To me, you sound out of synch....

shes (21 years old) been out of her LTR (5 years) for about 4 months, shes was the dumpee

ive (23 years old) been out of my LTR (4 years) for 2 months, i was the dumpee

maybe we're both rebounding

OP, this is a tough one. IMO, since you're both young and haven't had much relationship experience (being with only one person during your formative years) and are so newly out of LTR's and were both dumpees...... I'd do this, if you really do find her to be compatible and like her: Tell her that and that you hope your paths cross again in the future, but that you want time to center yourself after the loss of your LTR and hope for her to do the same. IME, being honest and having the courage to step back will raise your stock in the eyes of a women who has true interest in you. If she doesn't and it's just a rebound and/or ego feed, then it really doesn't matter, so, either way, you end up healthy :)