Thoughts on why he didnt respond to a text?

aubree1982

Here's the deal, I messed around with this guy who I've known for a couple years. He is a long time friend of my best friends husband. A couple weeks ago he started asking about me and when he was going to see me again, etc. Well anyway on Saturday night we were both at the same party (he only came because he knew I would be there.) We didn't have sex because I'm kinda seeing someone else right now and we also didn't have protection. Well at 5 am I woke up and thought "what the crap am I doing I'm supposed to be seeing someone else" so I got up and went home without saying anything to him.

So on Sunday I got his number from my friend and sent him a text saying 'sorry for leaving without saying anything.' The thing is I haven't gotten a response....My friends husband doesn't understand why he hasn't responded and I don't want them to get involved at all. My question is directed for the men...Was he just trying to get a piece of ass or is this normal behavior.

Here's some background on the guy: He's in his mid-30's and has a 3 year old son. Hasn't been in a serious relationship since college.

Me: I'm in my mid 20's and have a 2 year old (which he's been around on several occasions at my friends house and he's great with her.)

Do you guys just think he's scared? I don't really know what he's looking for relationship wise but I do know that it was a big deal for him to be asking about me. I'm not going to get all depressed if he doesn't respond I'm just looking for some input on the situation.

whichwayisup

Maybe he knows you're seeing someone else and he doesn't care either way. It was a ONS..And you left in the morning, without waking him up or saying a word. Honestly, I wouldn't expect to hear from him.

Focus on your boyfriend, I mean, what if he finds out you hooked up with another guy?

• Author

Calling? I would have no idea what to say and I'm afraid it would be akward. We usually see each other every couple of months when my friend and her husband have people over. I know it's weird that I left in the middle of the night but I did try to communicate with him about it the next day. I do like the guy I'm seeing but it feels like there is something missing with him..we just aren't connected emotionally like I want. I know it was wrong of me to do anything with someone else but I wanted to see what was there with this other guy. If he doesn't respond to me in a few more days I'm just going to forget about it....well maybe that is until we see each other again and I'm sure that will be akward!!

IMO, he isn't interested in you beyond whatever you had before this.

If a guy is into you, he will contact you.. no MATTER WHAT.

It is what it is... sorry to say.

Huh??? What do you mean by that?

Chaos. It's possible the message was lost... It's just not likely :D

* He dropped his cell in the commode.

* His inbox is full, and he doesn't realize that he has a week's worth of texts backed up.

* He thinks you are hung up on your BF and he doesn't want to be the "other guy".

* He doesn't like the way you kiss.

* You snore and poot in your sleep.

* It was just a ONS thing, and he is over it now.

Who knows? The best way to find out an answer is to ask the other person involved.

I've been in this scenario a few times. If the guy doesn't make the effort to return a response, then unfortunately you were just a one night stand, or a girl he messed around with a couple times. Don't take it personally. Men (and very few women) have the ability to have sex without any emotional attachment. It's a crappy thing that happens all the time. Don't mess around with a guy and expect something more to come out of it unless it is discussed.

There is a small chance that with the text message there was a network error. This happened to me last week where no one was receiving any of my text messages and I couldn't figure out why. There is a small chance in this though so don't count on this being the problem.

I think he just felt it was one night of fun.

However, I know a couple people who wouldn't respond to that text simply because it didn't call for a response - it didn't ask a question. I know that's a stupid reason, but I have platonic guy friends who I've chastized for not responding to something I send them, and they'll say that because I didn't include a freakin' question mark at the end of the text, it was a unilaterial-no-response-required text. :rolleyes:

At best, that's what you're looking at.

• Author

Thanks Star Gazer! I totally thought that maybe this was the reason why he didn't respond. My friends hubby said that sometimes he's pretty slow at responding anyway and I don't think he's really into texting anyway. I don't want to get my friend and her husband involved because I don't want to put them in an akward situation since we are both friends with them, but should I have them find out what's up with this guy or just leave it alone? I thought about sending one last text to him tonight that includes some type of question in it and see what happens but is that making me look too desperate?

I think it's worth a shot, but I'm one who has no problem initiating contact.

Just make sure it calls for a response. So, rather than saying something like, "Hope you're having a great week!" write, "How's your week going?"

See what I mean? Then, if you don't get a response, you can officially call it a nail in the coffin.