It's the little things that mean so much...

BeenThere

Yesturday began the same as every other day; shlepping through 45 minutes of bumper to bumper traffic trying not to be late for a pay-nothing State job I didn't want to be at anyway. After watching the clock for what seemed like an eternity it was finally off to beat the traffic again hoping I wouldn't be late for my appointment with H&R Block. UHG...Tax time! :(

I'm still in "rush mode" when I get to the office and the lady at the front desk motions me to sit down and WAIT. I'm fumbling through my folder of papers PRAYING that I haven't forgotten anything when suddenly she asks, "Are you Christine?"

For a minute my heart went into my throat. Oh my God! Those b*stards have found my tax records from last year and I'm about to be audited!!

I looked like a deer caught in a headlight when she handed me a card with my name on it. I didn't recognize the handwriting on the front but opened it anyway. On the front of the card was written "I suppose you think your something special?"

On the inside it read, "Well, I think so too."

"...Love Johnny."

I couldn't believe that darn boyfriend of mine had gone through all the trouble of hand delivering that card earlier in the day just knowing I was going to be there in a BAD MOOD! Now how many guys would have thought of that?!

Needless to say, I think it was the first time the preparer ever saw a client sit through the whole tax process actually *smiling*. He could have taken the house, the bank accounts and my first born and at that point I wouldn't have even cared!

So whatta ya think, guys?...Is this one a 'keeper'?

Either he's one of the greatest you'll ever find...or he's done something to really piss you off and he wants to soften you up before you find out about it.

Stay tuned!

...and just when I thought I was over my paranoia!

Welp, I guess its back to the theropists couch...

(wink)

Either he's one of the greatest you'll ever find...or he's done something to really piss you off and he wants to soften you up before you find out about it. Stay tuned!

Dang! girl. I would say hes pretty special.

Now its your turn to do something just as special in return.

...and just when I thought I was over my paranoia! Welp, I guess its back to the theropists couch... (wink)

Now that was truly sweet and thoughtful of him. That's got to be one of the most thoughtful things I've heard about in a long time. If I had a guy and he did something like that for me.....I think I'd have sat there and cried with joy! LOL

It's nice to be reminded that there *are* a few thoughtful, romantic guys like that still out there.

Yep, he's a definite keeper!!

L :-)