That Feeling

g29er

I'm new to the forum,but I have been a lurker for a while, and I think its amazing that there is a sight like this to help people with that crazy little thing called love. I have something of a predicament on my hands that I would like to share with you all and hopefully some of you can help. I work as an admissions adviser at a business college. I see and talk to students all day long. Some of the women that attend are very attractive but I pay them no mind.

Today this girl walks into my office and I interviewed her. Now, I have only experienced this feeling only a few other times in my life, and I was right about it. But when I first layed eyes on her, I thought she was the most amazing person I have ever seen and spoken to. I got that feeling....you know the one in the pit of your stomach. We had a great conversation and I could feel that she sort of felt the same way. I also found out from her that she lives bascially right around the corner from me. For some reason I cant stop thinking about her.

There is no written rule about dating students,(even though I would like to keep it quite) and in the past I have never considered it. But I have to got to get to know this person. During our conversation she also revealed where she works at. Im 28 and she is 21. I have been told that I am a good looking guy, and part of my job is speaking in front of people and I am a talker. But when it comes to things like this, I am something of a wuss.

How should I approach this?? I really want to go up to her work and ask her on a date, and sort of explain myself in a not-so-over-bearing way. If she says no and I am wrong, then I would let her know that things will not be weird.

I just have this feeling, and maybe she feels it to. I know that life is short, and sometimes you have to break down walls and go after what you want. I cant let her pass by without at least knowing. I have to know, because this feeling is very strong for someone I have only met once. It is a little scary.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how approach this. What do I say and how do I not freak her out? I want to be sincere and get my point across to her without sounding weird or having it come out like Marty Mcfly. I want her to know that she is truly amazing without being like I said, over-bearing, I really need some help on this one guys if you could please........ Thank you so much.

Don't be overcome with feelings. Chances are if you're feeling, she's feeling it, too, so there's no need to rush bearing your heart and soul. In fact, keeping her guessing a little bit is exactly what you should do. Best thing is to treat it like any other date. Just be like, "Hey, I don't usually do this, but I'd really like to get to know you a little better. Would you be interested in grabbing some dinner on x at y o clock? Maybe a movie at my place after?" or whatever it is you do for your standard date. If she says no, ah well. Not a big deal. If she says yes, bro, you just effing won.

Hmm seems like a pickle your in. I know its not good to mix business with pleasure but personally I would date someone I work with or teach if I were into them. I say give it a shot and ask her on a date but as long as you KNOW that it will not interfere with your teaching side of it you know ? Good luck and hope it works out well for you..

Don't be overcome with feelings. Chances are if you're feeling, she's feeling it, too, so there's no need to rush bearing your heart and soul. In fact, keeping her guessing a little bit is exactly what you should do. Best thing is to treat it like any other date. Just be like, "Hey, I don't usually do this, but I'd really like to get to know you a little better. Would you be interested in grabbing some dinner on x at y o clock? Maybe a movie at my place after?" or whatever it is you do for your standard date. If she says no, ah well. Not a big deal. If she says yes, bro, you just effing won.

Simple and to the point, I agree!.

• Author

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I will definitely keep you posted. Friday is the day it goes down. Wish me luck.

"Your density has popped me to you." - Marty Mcfly