Valentine's Day Blues

McKenzie

How should a woman feel if her long time boyfriend does not do anything special on holidays such as Christmas and now Valentine's Day???? I buy him gifts and we go out for supper but nothing spectacular. Maybe I am wanting and expecting too much, and I am wrong.. But I was just feeling hurt and wondering if I am causing this hurt for nothing. My b/f tells me all the time that he loves me and cares about me and we are planning our future together, and I know deep in my heart that this is the man that I want to be with for the rest of my life. He says that he shows me everyday what I mean to him and then Valentine's Day should not be any different as he is good to me each and everyday and truly he is...But to me Valentine's Day and holidays are very special to me...How do the men in here feel about this??

Please respond!! I look forward to reading your insights!!!

I'm not a man, but I have to ask - Why is it up to your guy to plan "something spectacular"???

My boyfriend is working late tonight so no "traditional" V-Day dinner until the weekend, but when he comes over tonight he'll be greeted by tons of candles, incense, me in lingerie serving champagne and assorted munchies (???) on a heart-shaped picnic blanket...

Spectacular? - Of course... Planned by a man?? - I don't think so... Appreciated by all those involved??? - You better believe it!!!

I think we women should demonstrate some of that much-talked about "girl power", stop playing the victim, take the bull by the horns and make our own dreams come true! I don't think there are many guys out there who would complain about our doing so...

If acknowledging a special day means so much to you, do something about it instead of waiting your man to make the first move! Maybe he'll enjoy your efforts so much that next time, he'll be a little more aware of why it's important to you...

I agree with you 100%!

If acknowledging a special day means so much to you, do something about it instead of waiting your man to make the first move! Maybe he'll enjoy your efforts so much that next time, he'll be a little more aware of why it's important to you...

I also planned something special for my man......He was working valentines' night, so we had a valentines lunch...

I went over to my boyfriend's place all dressed up in a red dress with lunch, his card and a small present just for him, plus 3 pink roses.....as he had given me a red rose and a card when i woke up that morning....

WE both enjoyed this night....and its not the only time i do this for him :) I do it all the time....

Romance is not up to the man all the time....you will find they appreciate it more, if you put some effort in too :) Then they will become more romantic to you!

I mean, my boyfriend, when he knows im coming over will put incence, candles and oil burners all ready for me :)

Lower your expectations, then you might be surprised....he might actually surprise u for a change :)

-Julia

I think it's not the gifts,dinner's,jewerly ect...

It's more like who you are with on Valentines Day that brings a smile to your face.

Im single now, but at a time I had the dinner's,jewerly and ooh what fun it was. Than one year I was torn apart because I had found a little picture torn from a magazine that was advertising heart shaped jewelry in his suite pocket. I was devistated to get nothing. So I know how it feels.

A friend of mine who has been with her man for about 20 years said that her Valentines Day's, have always been good through out her marriage. Yesterday her secret was that she called her man at work and told him that she got her tounge pearced and that she couldnt wait to try it out him. Well he believed her & it made him hard up just about all day.

So when he get home and flicked her tounge out at him she laughed and said "no, but I did get a tattoo". And she was teasing him once again and she told him that its on her hip and its so sore that he cant see it for a week. At that time he grabs her arm and runs outside with her. He opens up his vehicle and pulls out a Victoria Secrets bag filled with red sexy negligee. She tore her cloths off and put it on right there.

So far that has been by far the best Valentine Day gift I have herd all day long. She used psychology to keep him thinking of her all day & it worked like a charm.

How should a woman feel if her long time boyfriend does not do anything special on holidays such as Christmas and now Valentine's Day???? I buy him gifts and we go out for supper but nothing spectacular. Maybe I am wanting and expecting too much, and I am wrong.. But I was just feeling hurt and wondering if I am causing this hurt for nothing. My b/f tells me all the time that he loves me and cares about me and we are planning our future together, and I know deep in my heart that this is the man that I want to be with for the rest of my life. He says that he shows me everyday what I mean to him and then Valentine's Day should not be any different as he is good to me each and everyday and truly he is...But to me Valentine's Day and holidays are very special to me...How do the men in here feel about this??

Please respond!! I look forward to reading your insights!!!