Why are people so flakey?!

Legend

brief history: I'm in NYC now for work so I called up the several girls I've met over the past few years in this city. One of them, the one I really like actually responded and we went out last night, she brought her friend.

So I went out clubbing with with both of them (one I knew, the other her friend). One was a girl I'd known and had previously semi-hooked up with 2 years ago. (We've been in communication on/off for 2 years, I've been blown off 3 previous times) At the end of the cab ride home (4:45AM), we kissed and she suggested dinner tonight to catch up after she worked, we agreed on 9:00 pm. (neither one of us was drunk, we had a few drinks earlier in the night)

The sad thing is I really like this girl, it's not about the chase for me, I wouldn't "get bored."

I sent a text during the day to confirm dinner and received the response of "9 sounds perfect"

Now I'm on ignore and will probably get some bullsh*t excuse as to why I never got my phone call or txt confirmed.

Seriously losing faith in the XX chromosome...

I'm not too nice of a guy, but I do show some chivalry especially with the girls I like, not just the ones I'm out to sleep with.

So question to the ladies:

Why do you make plans then ignore the guy's calls till after plans have passed, and give some excuse?

Sure maybe the first 2 times there really was a reason, but on the 3rd time?

yes you can all say "take a hint" but I refuse to give up. and no I'm not a stalker, I stay in touch, e-mail, txt, etc. But I refuse to believe I stand no chance, everyone stands a chance unless you're bluntly told so.

Advice would be appreciated...........

Legend, I am not the type of woman to do that kind of thing - I go the other way to tell guys up front I am not interested, but, since I am XX, Ill venture a guess.

I think women (or men) do this when they dont know how to reject someone politely. Yes, its wrong to commit to plans they dont plan on keeping, but some just dont know how to say no.

That being said, if this girl has a track record of blowing you off, I guess you can remember the old adage, "first time, shame on you, second (and third) time, shame on me."

Give everyone a fair shot, but if they disappoint, then learn to cut bait. Few people will actually tell you LEAVE ME ALONE, and since you wont stop pursuit until told so, you may continue to spin your wheels with women that are borderline, or not interested, but also never going to tell you so...

We do suck. Agreed. :(