Valentine's Day (Pls Help!)

Sweet-Tooth

Hey I am bogged up to my neck in bills bills bills and Valentine's Day is coming up very soon, I might only have 40 or 50 bucks left after paying bills by then and I need some ideas from you guys fr my grilfriend on Valentine's day. What could I do that's special or romantic...and pls don't say dinner and a movie. My girlfriend even tells me that the best things in life are for free and she could care less about money it's just that it's hard to come up with something when it's constantly snowing up here (i'm in canada). Please help me out!!!!

ST

Rent a decent movie or two, get some popping corn, Coke, some hot dogs or burgers and prepare same at your home for consuming while the two of you are on the floor in front of the TV watching the movie(s) you have rented.

And while you're watching the movies, make sure you do other things to occupy your time besides eating pop corn and other stuff.

Make sure they are movies she will enjoy.

Don't take her out to the movies, bring them to her. A nice, romantic evening with you will be exactly what she will enjoy. At the end of the movie, give her a nice romantic card and a big kiss for Valentine's Day.

It sounds like you've got a great lady there. There are some who really demand "stuff" for Valentine's Day and nothing short of "stuff" will make them happy, particularly if they got you "stuff."

Give her a big kiss for me, too!

Maybe you could write her a letter, sort of with the same idea behind a poem, only different.

I did this for my fiance a few months ago out of the blue and he loved it. I wrote him a short little note telling him how much I loved him, and then I made a list of every little thing I loved about him...I mean every little thing. The way he does things, quirks he has, the way he says things, the way he smiles, laughs, looks, you name it, it was on there.

He loved it. And I know that if he did a thing like that for me, I'd love it too.

And it doesn't cost anything.

Tony's idea sounds good. You may also wanna slow-dance with her after u give her the card/kiss - gals like that ...

PS make sure u wear nice cologne that day :) smells are very important.

Hey I am bogged up to my neck in bills bills bills and Valentine's Day is coming up very soon, I might only have 40 or 50 bucks left after paying bills by then and I need some ideas from you guys fr my grilfriend on Valentine's day. What could I do that's special or romantic...and pls don't say dinner and a movie. My girlfriend even tells me that the best things in life are for free and she could care less about money it's just that it's hard to come up with something when it's constantly snowing up here (i'm in canada). Please help me out!!!! ST

hi sweet-tooth,

i think tony, daisy and yes all have great suggestions. they are thoughtful, not over-the-top, romantic and right in yours and your girlfriends league....and so much better than just plain ole "buying" something. they are also nice and intimate.

best wishes :)

Getting yourself a bottle of scented massage oil and some candles and incense (shouldn't cost more than 10/20 bucks, depending on what sort you get of course).... set the mood in the room with the candles and incense and lay her down on a rug in front of the fireplace and massage her from head to foot! (she'll be putty in your hands!).

Or how bout getting a few bottles of bodypaint... they come in flavours like succulent strawberry, cocoa obsession and creamy caramel (cost about 10/15 bucks) and have your wicked ways with each other all night (candles and incence in the room wouldn't go astray either).

Or how bout some love coupons... you can buy a book for about 10 bucks (or even make your own if you have a pc and printer which is better coz you can personalise them as you wish). You know the sort... 'this coupon entitles you to one whole hour of uninterrupted conversation, good for one night you soon won't forget, 30 minutes of cuddling time, 30 minute foot rub, love genie... my wish is your command for the day' all redeemable anytime, even make some blank ones 'to be completed by you as desired'. She can take her pick that night to do whatever she's in the mood for!.

Or how bout a bottle of champers, some bubble bath with aromatherapy oils in it and run a bath for her (which of course you'll end up in with her), sensually wash her hair, rub her all over with a mit, towel dry her... you get the picture.

Write her love lists... 25 reasons you love her or write her name and think of words that describe her under each letter.

The list is endless!

Don't worry about not having much money...you don't need much to have a romantic evening. A couple of evenings to remember:

My boyfriend took me to an outdoor ice skating rink surrounded by a sculpture garden in the evening. He'd never skated in his life, so we had lots of laughs and a great time. Perhaps there's an outdoor rink in your area. Afterwards, you can goto a small coffee shop to warm up with coffee or hot cocoa. The whole evening cost under 20 bucks total.

One evening my boyfriend and I brought pizza, drinks, a blanket and a portable cd player, and went to the rooftop on one of the taller buildings in the city. We ate and talked and enjoyed the wonderful view overlooking the whole city. It's a good idea if you live in the city and have access to the rooftop or balcony of a tall building.

But I have to agree with everyone who posted above. Probably my best memories include those snuggling in front of the fireplace..having dinner at home...and watching a few movies.

Here's a cute one I used that costs only pennies and will make her "swoon."

Don't know if you share a residence together, or if you have the keys to her place, but one day I knew my "J" was going to get home before I did. So that morning I took a bag of Hershey kisses, and starting from the front door, I laid them on the floor making a path across the floor to the kitchen door where I had taped a little love note. It said, "I *kiss* the ground you walk on!"

Okay, okay! I know its *hokie*, but its the little jestures like that which mean more than all the expensive chocolates and roses you can by. It shows a little thought and originality.

Good Luck and Happy Valentines to you both!

Hey I am bogged up to my neck in bills bills bills and Valentine's Day is coming up very soon, I might only have 40 or 50 bucks left after paying bills by then and I need some ideas from you guys fr my grilfriend on Valentine's day. What could I do that's special or romantic...and pls don't say dinner and a movie. My girlfriend even tells me that the best things in life are for free and she could care less about money it's just that it's hard to come up with something when it's constantly snowing up here (i'm in canada). Please help me out!!!! ST

Hi guys thanks for the input. I've finally come up woith my own idea while sitting at work countless hours on my butt. SOme of you might like this idea and should try it for yourselves if you like it. Okay well my girlfriend and i are planning on going to a valentine's dance, so i am going to make a card for her from a giant piece of white bristole baord, I am a good drawer so i am going to draw some hears and write some poems in it and also cut some pictures of us into the shapes of hearts (us kissing, us on our first date, me smiling, her smiling, etc...and then i am going to color everything in with pink and red markers. Then I'll put a red ribbon on it and attach one red rose inside also with a long drawn out letter letting my most recent feelings out to tell her how much i love her...i'll top that off with a box of cherry choclates. Then maybe we'll do the watch a movie and eat kind of thing. what do all of you guys think.

Matt

Sweet Tooth

Sounds like a great idea to me.

The only question I have is why would this girl allow a photographer to follow you around on dates and stuff and photograph you kissing, etc.

Anyway, it sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this and she ought to appreciate it. If she doesn't kick her in the butt for me...and you too.

I'd skip the letter about how much u love her... the whole idea sounds good, but dont overdo it... dont overshower her with love ... or she'll become too damn sure of your love!

have fun,

-yes

Hi guys thanks for the input. I've finally come up woith my own idea while sitting at work countless hours on my butt. SOme of you might like this idea and should try it for yourselves if you like it. Okay well my girlfriend and i are planning on going to a valentine's dance, so i am going to make a card for her from a giant piece of white bristole baord, I am a good drawer so i am going to draw some hears and write some poems in it and also cut some pictures of us into the shapes of hearts (us kissing, us on our first date, me smiling, her smiling, etc...and then i am going to color everything in with pink and red markers. Then I'll put a red ribbon on it and attach one red rose inside also with a long drawn out letter letting my most recent feelings out to tell her how much i love her...i'll top that off with a box of cherry choclates. Then maybe we'll do the watch a movie and eat kind of thing. what do all of you guys think. Matt Sweet Tooth

Sounds good. I have an idea about the poster board. Get two red poster board or construction sheets and cut out two great big hearts from them. That night with all the movies, food, and chocolate cherry goo you could give her a tease show with red hearts. Than she can do the same for you.

Hi guys thanks for the input. I've finally come up woith my own idea while sitting at work countless hours on my butt. SOme of you might like this idea and should try it for yourselves if you like it. Okay well my girlfriend and i are planning on going to a valentine's dance, so i am going to make a card for her from a giant piece of white bristole baord, I am a good drawer so i am going to draw some hears and write some poems in it and also cut some pictures of us into the shapes of hearts (us kissing, us on our first date, me smiling, her smiling, etc...and then i am going to color everything in with pink and red markers. Then I'll put a red ribbon on it and attach one red rose inside also with a long drawn out letter letting my most recent feelings out to tell her how much i love her...i'll top that off with a box of cherry choclates. Then maybe we'll do the watch a movie and eat kind of thing. what do all of you guys think. Matt Sweet Tooth

Remember that Home Made Card plan thing I had going on? Yeah well I did it...and she was impressed, she said she liked it more than anything because It came from me and not a store...

Anyway Later Folks....

Sweet-Tooth

hi sweet tooth,

that's really nice to hear.

it just goes to show it's the little things and (as cliched as it is) it's the thought that really does count.

i'm still learning to understand that big aint always best...i didn't get anything that takes off with at least 150 people on board ;) it's tough, but...well...*fidgeting with fingers and shrugging shoulders* you know....

*wink wink*