Need Assistance

Poncho

I am 27 going through a divorce, and have a son. I have been seperated from soon to be ex wife since the beggining of April, though the marriage was over at least 6 months before that, and I am ready to move on.

I am trying to figure out how to go about doing the whole dating thing again. I was with my soon to be ex for almost 6 years and have no idea what I am doing. My self confidence is low has been my whole life (but seems to be improving as I work to rebuild my life), I am overweight (though have lost 50 pounds in the last year or so, so I feel pretty good about that), I'm living back at home with my parents, and I am a complete noob to the single life.

I'd say I'm good looking, even being overweight, I have a great sense of humor, I dress well, I know how to be a gentleman but can still be immature at times, and can talk to most people one on one but not really in a group enviroment. I do enjoy going to the bar with my buddies, and have seen several ladies I would like to make attempts at talking to, I'm just to much of a chicken to do it. I don't really know how to read body language anymore either.

What I am looking for is advice, tips, ideas, etc. etc. etc...... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hey!

honestly just being yourself works wonders. As long as you have peace within yourself in regards to the kind of person you are, and have no qualms about it...it should be fine. Judging from your post, you do seem like a charismatic type of guy, so I doubt you'll have any problems! It does take a while to get used to the single life after being in couple-dom for so long...but think of it as being cast into a river after not having swam for over a decade..you might feel a bit startled, but mister...the skills are still there!:)

• Author

Thanks for the uplifting response. I don't mind being myself at all. I am very comfortable with who I am and what I am about. I'm just a big chicken when it comes to the opposite sex, always have been.