He added me to Facebook, now what?

Cherry Blossom 35

Cherry Blossom 35

i mentioned this on another thread about the Bad Speller. I wanted to start a new thread to get some opinions.

Briefly:

Met the guy online. We really hit it off.

Went on three dates.

I went on vacation and he emailed me before I left, telling me to have a great time. He said he would hopefully see me when I got back.

I extended my vacation so I sent him an email telling him so. He said, great, you're lucky to have more vacation, definitely track me down when you get back.

I was a little perplexed by the last statement. I told him what day I was getting back. Can't he track ME down?

I don't want to be the pursuer here, but I get the feeling that he is still feeling me out, trying to guage my interest level.

Yesterday he added me as a friend on Facebook.

So now I am debating on whether or not to call him.

Thoughts?

After three dates, I'm confused as to why you still feel you cannot initiate contact.

If you're not comfortable initiating contact, then don't. Do whatever feels right for you. Just understand that at this point, he may be looking for someone who's willing to give affirmative feedback after three great dates.

no hard and fast rules here but with travel I always am exhausted from trips, need time to ground myself and get over jetlag if any. So if someone calls me while I'm decompressing I might feel suffocated. So I extend the same courtesy to others.

A simple "I'm back in town :)" text or fb message would do. Then the ball is on his court again.

• Author
Cherry Blossom 35

Rod, that's a good idea. BTW, I'm across town from you :p

Star, I told him in my email that I hoped to see him again, so I think it is pretty clear I want to see him again.

• Author
Cherry Blossom 35
Also, not sure how Facebook has to do with this?

I just figured that he must have some level of interest if he is adding me to Facebook. I wouldn't add some random character to my Facebook page, especially if I wasn't sure of them. So I thought it was a good sign.

Rod, that's a good idea. BTW, I'm across town from you :p

Star, I told him in my email that I hoped to see him again, so I think it is pretty clear I want to see him again.

I figured you'd be a Washingtonian with a username like that :) I ride everyday through the tidal basin on my way to work in cap hill. It's such a relaxing drive to go through the cherry trees.

Cherry Blossom,

He is in to you. He is in to you big time. He just doesn't want to come across as too pushy or clingy or whatever.

He is looking for signs of acceptance from you. That's all. If you accept his facebook, then you are accepting him. If you call him, then you are also accepting in.

Don't read into too much and let the cards fall as they may. Sounds like you may be in the beginning of something special. Enjoy the ride.

• Author
Cherry Blossom 35
Cherry Blossom,

He is in to you. He is in to you big time. He just doesn't want to come across as too pushy or clingy or whatever.

He is looking for signs of acceptance from you. That's all. If you accept his facebook, then you are accepting him. If you call him, then you are also accepting in.

Don't read into too much and let the cards fall as they may. Sounds like you may be in the beginning of something special. Enjoy the ride.

:love::love::love::love::love:

• Author
Cherry Blossom 35
I figured you'd be a Washingtonian with a username like that :) I ride everyday through the tidal basin on my way to work in cap hill. It's such a relaxing drive to go through the cherry trees.

Nice commute! I love it when they are in full bloom and you can't see they sky when you are standing underneath them.