Girl says the "L" word and then freaks out and says we are over

confusedinchas

confusedinchas

Long story short, Ive known this girl for over 6 years now, and we have always been great friends but the time was never right. There is a mutual attraction physically,mentally, and emotionally (I thought) but she was always with some douche or I was wasting my time on some "ignorant ditz" as it would come up.

Fast forward to about a month ago and things were right, and then the phrase "Im in love with you" comes out of her mouth last night. Totally floored, I reciprocated the notion and then things were fine for a while.

Randomly she does a 180 and proceeds to tell me she has to go home, and that I need to leave, and that I should not call her or contact her at all. I cant get a word out of her as far as whats going on. Even the people around us were confused as the way I was treated was similar to being thrown under a fast moving train as her friend would put it.

Input?

Im 25. Shes 24. Been through normal relationship breakups to my knowledge, and nothing really troublesome on her end.

My guess is she made a mistake and then when you reciprocated, she freaked out. I don't know her or why she acted that way, but if there was EVER a red flag you need to pay attention to, I'd say uhhh...this is one you should...

Sorry man. Some people (not just women) are confusing.

LolitaAnastasia

My guess from her behaviour she said "I love you" and thinking you were going to reject it took it back and made you leave because she was embarassed.

I haven't had the courage to say those three words to my boyfriend. I have said it in an email but not verbally to him. I tell him I love his eyes etc but not "I love you".

I might say it one day.

Second what CaliGuy said. Whether she actually meant it or not, she didn't mean to say it and it's all just too "complicated" (translation: "embarrassing") for her.

Give her some time to come to her senses. How long has it been already?

Cheers,

D.