New Years Eve

confussed

When I was growing up my mom always said the person you bring the New Year in with will be the person that will be with you that year.

I have been dating a guy for 6 months this month. We have had problems. Mainly the problems have to do with his ex and me asking questions about her. I am scared that he will go back to her because he was with her a number of years and our relationship is still new. He has not came right out and said he is commited to me but we spend lot of time together. I have fun with him and he puts me on a differnt level that no other guy has. I consider him my boyfriend and have not dated anyone else since we became intiamate. He says he consider me as a girlfriend but has never called me that.

We spent New Year's Eve together. It was me, him and his brother. He spent close to $300 for that night for us. I had fun and loved being with him. I assumed he did to. Does that night mean that there is something more there? I know he cares for me but does he really care in a relationship way or a friend way. Can he be feeling more than friendship or is it only that?

I have been trying to figure out our relationship and if there really one. Because sometimes I feel as if he wants to be with me and than there is times I feel like he don't. I feel like I can be a pain or a bother when I call him. I just think that from his tone and the vagness in his voice. I am just confused.

Hi-

I read your post and can relate. How did you guys meet? How long has he been broken up from his ex and what kind of relationship do they have now? How close are you and him- how often do you see/talk, do you know his friends/family, etc. I need a little more backround info before I can give you some more advice. Feel free to post and I will reply!

When I was growing up my mom always said the person you bring the New Year in with will be the person that will be with you that year.

I have been dating a guy for 6 months this month. We have had problems. Mainly the problems have to do with his ex and me asking questions about her. I am scared that he will go back to her because he was with her a number of years and our relationship is still new. He has not came right out and said he is commited to me but we spend lot of time together. I have fun with him and he puts me on a differnt level that no other guy has. I consider him my boyfriend and have not dated anyone else since we became intiamate. He says he consider me as a girlfriend but has never called me that. We spent New Year's Eve together. It was me, him and his brother. He spent close to $300 for that night for us. I had fun and loved being with him. I assumed he did to. Does that night mean that there is something more there? I know he cares for me but does he really care in a relationship way or a friend way. Can he be feeling more than friendship or is it only that? I have been trying to figure out our relationship and if there really one. Because sometimes I feel as if he wants to be with me and than there is times I feel like he don't. I feel like I can be a pain or a bother when I call him. I just think that from his tone and the vagness in his voice. I am just confused.

Okay here you go. We met at Braum's while getting ice cream. They was broken according to him for 5 months before he met me. But you know what that time frame always changes when I ask again. He says they call each other to check up at least once a week. I know his mother still consider her a part of the family so she is included in all family things. I have talked to his father and sister over the phone but we have not met. They know about me. I have met his brother and hung out with them. We talk to each other everyday and see each other most of the weekend and at least once doing the week. He lives and works at least 35 to 45 minutes from me and it is hard during the week but we do squeeze in a day to see each other. If he comes my way he has to stay and have to get up extra early to get to work the next day.

I hope this is a little more background for you to give me some advice. I try not to figure it out anymore and need help. Thanks

Hi- I read your post and can relate. How did you guys meet? How long has he been broken up from his ex and what kind of relationship do they have now? How close are you and him- how often do you see/talk, do you know his friends/family, etc. I need a little more backround info before I can give you some more advice. Feel free to post and I will reply!

From a guys point of view, you should just relax and dont give him any pressure about his ex, for this will even drive him away. I know it takes a lot of strength to do this but hang in there. You got to show him that the relationship that he left is past to you and dont show him a lot that it bothers you. All I can say is be there for him if you really care. But if you dont feel like being intimate dont be obligated because you fear that he might go back with his ex. remember being intimate should come from both parties...be strong...Alex

I have been dating a guy for 6 months this month. We have had problems. Mainly the problems have to do with his ex and me asking questions about her. I am scared that he will go back to her because he was with her a number of years and our relationship is still new. He has not came right out and said he is commited to me but we spend lot of time together. I have fun with him and he puts me on a differnt level that no other guy has. I consider him my boyfriend and have not dated anyone else since we became intiamate. He says he consider me as a girlfriend but has never called me that. We spent New Year's Eve together. It was me, him and his brother. He spent close to $300 for that night for us. I had fun and loved being with him. I assumed he did to. Does that night mean that there is something more there? I know he cares for me but does he really care in a relationship way or a friend way. Can he be feeling more than friendship or is it only that? I have been trying to figure out our relationship and if there really one. Because sometimes I feel as if he wants to be with me and than there is times I feel like he don't. I feel like I can be a pain or a bother when I call him. I just think that from his tone and the vagness in his voice. I am just confused.

I think that this guy is still very unsure about how he feels towards you or the relationship. I think he is somewhat evasive because he is still not sure where things are going. My guess would be that he is in the process of trying to get to know you better, but still wants his freedom. I would either continue in the relationship maintaining some distance and seeing if that draws him more near, or if I felt like I wanted to know what kind of commitment he had towards me I would sit down and have a long talk with him. It really depends how deep you are into it and what you want to come of it. Have you discussed things like this before? This could also have to do with his age- if he is still young. How old are both of you? It sounds to me like he is unsure of how he is feeling, so the best way to get him to figure it out is to go slow and not push. Let me know how old you are and hopefully this can help you out !

Best Wishes!

Hey well I will be 30 on February first and he he is already 30. Just turned. I have not really had a rel relationship because they have all been bad. It is hard for me to trust as well because of that.

I think that this guy is still very unsure about how he feels towards you or the relationship. I think he is somewhat evasive because he is still not sure where things are going. My guess would be that he is in the process of trying to get to know you better, but still wants his freedom. I would either continue in the relationship maintaining some distance and seeing if that draws him more near, or if I felt like I wanted to know what kind of commitment he had towards me I would sit down and have a long talk with him. It really depends how deep you are into it and what you want to come of it. Have you discussed things like this before? This could also have to do with his age- if he is still young. How old are both of you? It sounds to me like he is unsure of how he is feeling, so the best way to get him to figure it out is to go slow and not push. Let me know how old you are and hopefully this can help you out ! Best Wishes!