People who look very young for their age

HiItsMe

This was inspired by my "Dating the older woman" post

I wanted to add, that I know of some women , I guess you could say havea the "Dick Clark" gene.

Remember the jokes surrounding dick clark about "how long" he's been doing the New Years thing and the like...and how kinda still looks young for his age, EVEN as a senior citizen

Some women, are blessed......to have the "Gene"...notice the one girl here that posted (forgot her name) that she said that she doesn't even work out...she just stays healthy and doesn't over eat.....I think this ty pically could be a "race of people" out there that have this "Anti-Aging" gene. LOL

Remember "Grumpy Old Men" and when Sophia Loren came into town...she didn't look like your "Typical" Senior citizen, that's for sure.

Why....probably because she's Italian? Good genetics?

I know this gorgeous model that is 22...she said her great grandmother is STILL live, and in her mid 90's....so I think people in her family tree....pretty much "Health ailment" free tend to "look better" complexion wise and blessed with a Youthful appearance.

Just a half cocked theory though.

So if these people aren't Working out....going to the gym on a daily basis...and STILL looks good for their age....

So I wonder if there's this 'race' of people with great genes? lol

Lauriebell82

I look extremely young for my age..I'm 25 and look like a teenager. My parents look young for their ages too, they def. don't look in their 50's. I do work out a lot and since I am very petite and short that might make me look even younger.

It's funny that you posted this thread, my supervisor just told me that I have to dress more dressy at work because I look so young and my clients won't take me seriously! (everyone else dresses fairly casual) This really stinks because I asked them what to wear on the first day and they said kacki pants and a polo shirt woud be fine (which is what I wear). Guess that isn't dressy anymore. And now I have to go buy a whole bunch of new clothes.

Okay didn't mean to hijack the thread, just needed to vent!

Trialbyfire

It has much to do with genetics. If you have a baby face, you're going to continue looking younger for a longer span of time, than someone who's inherited deepset eyes with heavy bags under them.

As for your body, if you're genetically thinner, your body will retain the appearance of youth longer, especially if you're a woman with no children.

If I were to peg a culture that remains youthful looking longer, it would be asians, since they're more petite.

JohnnyBlaze

Like TBF said, the answer is "Asians". The standing joke among some of my friends (who are Asian) is that Asians only come in two ages: 18 and 81. Compared to other races, it's rare that you can point to an Asian and say "they're probably late 30's/early 40's".

blind_otter

My mom looks fantabulous for her age (she is asian!). She has no wrinkles on her face whatsoever. The ONLY way you can tell that she is older is because she has these crazy bride of frankenstein white streaks coming from her temples that are pure white against her black asian hair. It's slightly freaky looking, and she refuses to color her hair. She's beginning, now, to get salt and pepper hair going as well as those two, vivid, pure white streaks.

Also - her hands and her throat are very smooth. Normally I can tell how old a woman is by looking at her hands. My grandmother was very young looking until she hit her mid-70s, then she aged very suddenly.

Hopefully I have inherited her tendencies. I've always looked very young for my age, but I don't know if it will last since my Dad was white and he aged like a normal person.

Trialbyfire
Like TBF said, the answer is "Asians". The standing joke among some of my friends (who are Asian) is that Asians only come in two ages: 18 and 81. Compared to other races, it's rare that you can point to an Asian and say "they're probably late 30's/early 40's".

Haha...I'll have to tell that one to my asian friends!

I'm in my late 20's but always get confused for being around 21 or 22... in fact i was asked for ID buying drink (have to be 18) not so long ago! The good thing about this is it means i can hook up with girls in their early 20's :p

Trialbyfire

While I'm a 33 year-old caucasian female, I still get carded a lot. My mother and her sisters all look at least 10 years younger than they are. Let's hope genetics holds true for me, in my latter years.

• Author

At first I thought, the only way to look "hot" at an older age, is to work out at the gym pretty muchon a daily basis.

I mean, I have seen these women at the gym....age 45+, you could probably bounce a quarter off their butt. lol

This one was a 40 year old personal trainer, she had EIGHT kids! She was very curvaceous and lucioius

She did have some obvious wrinkles though.

But some women look hot, even with wrinkles, they have a body of a tight 25 year old.... but with just a few added wrinkles here and there. They have the shape...but with the wrinkles added in.

Trialbyfire
At first I thought, the only way to look "hot" at an older age, is to work out at the gym pretty muchon a daily basis.

I mean, I have seen these women at the gym....age 45+, you could probably bounce a quarter off their butt. lol

This one was a 40 year old personal trainer, she had EIGHT kids! She was very curvaceous and lucioius

She did have some obvious wrinkles though.

But some women look hot, even with wrinkles, they have a body of a tight 25 year old.... but with just a few added wrinkles here and there. They have the shape...but with the wrinkles added in.

Clothing, no matter how tight, can hide signs of aging, as long as you're thin and in shape. Skin quality tends to get more parchment-like, as you age.

• Author

Well, I have seen older women who weren't scared to wear bikini's in public I g uess....lol...I mean, you could see that their skin looked a little "aged" but not all that bad.

Asians only come in two ages: 18 and 81..

That's hysterical! :) And SO true. I just worked with another choreographer (Chinese) who I thought was 23, and turns out she was 46! Amazing.

blind_otter
Clothing, no matter how tight, can hide signs of aging, as long as you're thin and in shape. Skin quality tends to get more parchment-like, as you age.

Eeeew I call that "crepe skin", like crepe paper.

I had a dance teacher when I was in high school who was half sri lankan, half norwegian (weird combo!). She had a very youthful face that was unlined, but she had tanned and laid out in the sun so much that her decolletage was all crepe skin. :sick: It was very unbecoming, especially because she had a penchant for wearing extremely low cut blouses that would show her crepe cleavage.

It turned me off of sunbathing for the rest of my life. Now, I refuse to tan and I slather myself with sunscreen.

• Author

I had a dance teacher when I was in high school who was half sri lankan, half norwegian (weird combo!). She had a very youthful face that was unlined, but she had tanned and laid out in the sun so much that her decolletage was all crepe skin. :sick: It was very unbecoming, especially because she had a penchant for wearing extremely low cut blouses that would show her crepe cleavage.

It turned me off of sunbathing for the rest of my life. Now, I refuse to tan and I slather myself with sunscreen.

Yeah, but what about those people with natural tans...like Latinas or middle eastern women?

blind_otter
Yeah, but what about those people with natural tans...like Latinas or middle eastern women?

Well that's skin pigment, not something that comes from roasting yourself under the sun. Even people with naturally tan skin can get sun damage...

I'm half vietnamese, so I have a natural tan all the time. My mom is even darker than me, naturally, and she never ever lays out and tans. She always wears a hat, and clothing to protect her skin from the sun.

Lauriebell82
I'm in my late 20's but always get confused for being around 21 or 22... in fact i was asked for ID buying drink (have to be 18) not so long ago! The good thing about this is it means i can hook up with girls in their early 20's :p

I'm 25 and people think I'm a teenager. I get carded everywhere I go probably always will. It's annoying that they waiters/bar tenders feel the need to TELL me I look like a teenager.

Trialbyfire

Haha...if you can believe it, my alternate doctor slow broils herself all the time. I call her Dr. Leather!

Haha...if you can believe it, my alternate doctor slow broils herself all the time. I call her Dr. Leather!

My dermatologist told me once: "You don't really have to use sunscreen, since you're asian and you take to sun well." HA! Somehow, I don't think that was very good advice....

I'm 30, but people think i'm 24/25 most of the time. My mom is 70 and people think she's 50!

JohnnyBlaze
That's hysterical! :) And SO true. I just worked with another choreographer (Chinese) who I thought was 23, and turns out she was 46! Amazing.

Haha...I'll have to tell that one to my asian friends!

It's true, though, isn't it? I can never figure out how it works. It's like they can look like teens until the very morning of their 81st birthday and then *poof!* - they suddenly look their age. One day I want to find someone who'll let me watch them on their last day of being 80, just so I can see it happen.

The only downside is that I like Asian women. When I'm looking at a pretty girl, I always have to ask myself "is she old enough to be my mother, or young enough to be my daughter?".

I'm 25 and people think I'm a teenager. I get carded everywhere I go probably always will. It's annoying that they waiters/bar tenders feel the need to TELL me I look like a teenager.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine is 30 and gets the same treatment. The only reason he doesn't get carded in his hometown anymore is because he's been going to the same places for the past decade; the staff have come to know him (which doesn't bode well for his liver).

Trialbyfire
My dermatologist told me once: "You don't really have to use sunscreen, since you're asian and you take to sun well." HA! Somehow, I don't think that was very good advice....

I'm 30, but people think i'm 24/25 most of the time. My mom is 70 and people think she's 50!

Tell your dermatologist to wear a hat when sitting in the sun for hours...

Asians may look younger early in life, but they seem to hit a wall of age around fifty or so...and suddenly look a lot older than their Caucasian counterparts, turning into tiny old ladies with flip flops. So I guess it evens out in the end. :lmao:

Blacks age the best. Black don't crack as they say.

Btw, being carded doesn't mean much. At the restaurant I work at the rule of thumb is to card people if they look younger than 40.

Protecting yourself from the sun is probably the most important factor in good aging. That means sunscreen every day, rain or shine.

blind_otter
Asians may look younger early in life, but they seem to hit a wall of age around fifty or so...and suddenly look a lot older than their Caucasian counterparts, turning into tiny old ladies with flip flops. So I guess it evens out in the end. :lmao:

Not really. My mom is nearly 60, and as I said in my previous post - the only way you can tell her age is the white streaks growing in her hair. Her face is flawless, and her hands and throat are smooth. If she dyed her hair, she would look like she was in her 30s.

My aunts are the same way.

I think it has to do with the fact that they are, for the most part, insanely opposed to exposing themselves to the sun. If you have a dark tan, where they come from, you are considered to be lower class.

Like I said, my grandmother looked strikingly young until she hit about age 75.

sweetbutcheeky

I'm 30, but people think I'm 24/25 most of the time. My mom is 70 and people think she's 50!

I am 30 and people think I am 24 as well and sometimes still get carded as well. My Mum is mistaken for younger than she is as well, people are surprised when she tells them she has a year old daughter, she is 56.

I think it's more genetics than race. Asians may look younger for a long time but not their whole life.

• Author

There was this VERY young looking latin woman I was talking to...I was in my early 30's at the time, I figured her to be MY age or late 20's at the least.

She asked me my age...I said "31", and she gives me...and I'm SO sure you women are guilty of it...famous QUOTE:

"You're just a baby!!"

And I gave her a look and said, "Um..how old are you?" She goes 38. LOL

She had no semblence of wrinkles anywhere.

I wonder if a woman says that quote....that's a hint saying, "you're too young for me!"

I know some women, that are attractive/ young for their age, that only assume men want to have a fling with them, and nothing more when they get approached by them....so they turn them down...even though that might not necesssarily be the case.

Trialbyfire

Unless you have naturally oily skin, girls need to start a skin regime as young as possible and as Blind Otter has stated, stay out of the sun!