So good looking but sooo boring...

Lizzie60

Wow... I have dated a few 'extraordinarily' good looking guys...but shoot are they ever 'boring'...

I was watching Canadian Idol.. and one of the contestant (Sebastian Pigott) reminds me sooo much of a guy I slept with about 3 yrs ago... really good looking (curly blond hair, blue eyes, former model).. but soo shy and sooo boring.....

I am now seeing.. (on the verge of telling him I will not see him again).. this beautiful East Indian.. one of the best looking guy I've dated so far.. He wanted to get together tonite.. but I found an excuse not to (left him a message)... he is so freaken boring.. I don't know what to talk about.. I have no interest for sex... kind of strange.. I was sooo into him 3 years ago... anyway...

So, if he calls back tonite.. I will tell him that's I don't want to waste his time any longer... :o

Have you ever dated a 'boring' great looking person? How long.. what happened?

Have you ever dated a 'boring' great looking person? How long.. what happened?

Three months. I was the boring one, I had a day job, weekend classes, while she had a PT job and available weekends. I was to darn tired and to pooped to do anything fun. She broke up with me. :(

Ha. Jer you're great!

I once dated a male stripper.... never had anything to talk about with him. Luckily, we had other things to keep us occupied. ;)

• Author
Ha. Jer you're great!

I once dated a male stripper.... never had anything to talk about with him. Luckily, we had other things to keep us occupied. ;)

humm.. I don't even have that interest any longer with him.. kinda strange.. what's wrong with me??? :laugh:

humm.. I don't even have that interest any longer with him.. kinda strange.. what's wrong with me??? :laugh:

You're losing your touch! What is wrong? Any new meds? Weather? New apt?

Sorry, I'm not available because I'm "boring".

personally, I would MUCH rather date an average looking guy that is more smart and funny than good looking... someone I can have great conversations with... I'm way more "attracted" to those types!

Well I am a man, however sex with a woman usually gets boring very quickly if I do not have an emotional attachment.

Do you have much in common with East Indian men? I wouldn't have much in common with East Indian women.

• Author
Well I am a man, however sex with a woman usually gets boring very quickly if I do not have an emotional attachment.

Do you have much in common with East Indian men? I wouldn't have much in common with East Indian women.

To be honest with you.. race has nothing to do with it.. this guy is one of the most beautiful guy I've ever seen...

I was very much 'into him' 3 years ago... we lost touch... then he called back.. he wants to make it work this time.. but ... I'm just bored with him.

• Author

Oh .. I should add... that I don't necessarily get bored sexually with a guy that I'm not emotionally attracted to... I've had and still have great sex with guys that I'm not emotionally attracted to...

I guess it's him.. the trouble.. not me.. :laugh:

Ruby Slippers

My first boyfriend was gorgeous, and what was cool about him was that even though girls were coming onto him all the time, he didn't seem to be swayed by them and was loyal. He wasn't boring, but he really was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I broke up with him because I knew it couldn't really go anywhere. He was pretty, but I needed someone on my level intellectually.

Crestfallen_KH

My most boring date was with the best looking guy I'd ever gone out with.

I hit the jackpot with my ex - tall, dark and handsome all the way. But this guy was was more "classically" good looking - blonde, high cheekbones, cute smirk.

And apparently, he couldn't talk. This guy sat there and said almost nothing for an hour. He had no personality. He make some weak joke about how only gay guys like cats and "if you could have any superpower, what superpower would you have?"

Torture. It was because of this guy that I learned it was ok to just bail on a date and leave free beer.

• Author
My first boyfriend was gorgeous, and what was cool about him was that even though girls were coming onto him all the time, he didn't seem to be swayed by them and was loyal. He wasn't boring, but he really was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I broke up with him because I knew it couldn't really go anywhere. He was pretty, but I needed someone on my level intellectually.

Yeah .. this guy is fairly smart.. but I don't have any conversation with him... it's strange cause I can be a real 'talking machine' but with him.. nothing...

He has this strange 'habit' of repeating.. like for example... if he says "nope'.. he'll keep saying 'nope.. nope'... if he says 'I am'... he'll repeat 'I am.. I am'... annoying.. like he doesn't know what to say... :o

I left him a message earlier, saying I was too tired to get together.. twice in a row.. same thing on Sunday.. I cancelled.. I guess he's getting the message..

I haven't dated hot and boring... just hot and dumb.

The last hot and dumb guy I dated was soooo young, and I never really wanted to engage in conversation with him. Evertytime he would start talking I would lean in for a kiss. It worked for a while.

• Author

The last hot and dumb guy I dated was soooo young, and I never really wanted to engage in conversation with him. Evertytime he would start talking I would lean in for a kiss. It worked for a while.

Hahaha... good way to shut him up...

Mine is also much younger.. 20 years.. no kids, never been in a long term relationship... he's a good kisser though..

I will tell him next time we talk.. I feel he's wasting my time... I have so much to do.. I don't really have time for him.. plus he has no clue about my 'other side'... he would freak... :eek:

xpaperxcutx

:lmao: that's something to take note on.

Sounds like a Fabio event, swoon over the guy only to find out that all he/she does is to just look pretty.

Reminds me of the scene in Real Genius, Susan Decker (the Character) in the house was just pretty and had baffled looks most of the time.

LIZZIE,

If race does not matter, why do you keep pointing out his race in the first place? I would feel strange talking about my love interest and defining her as "Well I am dating this black girl" Well I am dating this asain girl" Well I am dating this white girl" It seems you see race very clearly.

You were having sex with him 3 years ago, and you are 20 years older? He is around 20 and you are expecting riveting conversation?

There's nothing wrong in pointing out what type of a man or woman one is dating or seeing. People might assume she only dates white or black or whatever - she's just telling us what race he was. Doesn't necessarily mean she's making it about races.

Anyway, Lizzie - I used to go out with this one hot model and you guessed it! He was so boring - just like someone mentioned earlier - he asked Qs like what is your favourite colour and why? or if you were a superhero, what would your power be?

For the past few years, none of the guys I dated were boring. They were mostly good looking and good conversationalists.

If race does not matter, then why mention it? Ok, he is "East Indian". So?

All I am saying is it seems she is very caught up in the race thing by defining people she dates like that.

Well, I was really into the Craig Kierbo look once and dated this guy who was a Yale graduate but who was really, really, boring when I talked to him.

But being a TV producer/director, I come across a lot of beautiful people that I have worked with and lemme tell ya man, about 90% are really shallow snoozers when it comes to the great art of conversation and sharp wit.

Yes, some have a sense of humour but think kindergarten, shallow types. Others are too full of themselves and their good looks that after spending a couple of days on shoot with these people, it's enough to want to make you wish you were Barbara Streisand's nose so you could poke them off the face of this earth!

But given the demographics and biological tendencies of the perfectly aligned prince and princesses of this world, one can see why God really is a genius in not making everything perfect so we can appreciate even the mental flaws in the best of 'em!

Well, thank god for blonde jokes, that's what I say!:D

crosswordfiend
If race does not matter, then why mention it? Ok, he is "East Indian". So?

All I am saying is it seems she is very caught up in the race thing by defining people she dates like that.

Probably for lack of a better label... I'm sure that if he was more interesting, he would have a more descriptive label.

BoooredGuy

Sounds like incompatibilities more than the other being 'boring.'

When I was in college I was rocking bars, clubs, going out nonstop and you could not get me to shut up. Some found me interesting, while others found me boring and utterly obnoxious (and rowdy).

Nowadays I work a lot of hours, go to school at night, and train for triathlons in my free time - I rarely go out to have fun with my schedule. Some find me interesting, while others find me to be boring and a square.