The EX Factor

freckles3131

freckles3131

Me and my current b.f. of 2+ yrs.(we are in our 30's) were discussing that show on MTV called the Ex Factor. The one where 2 exes end up spending the weekend together and the current bf/gf gets to watch what happens.

In the end the contestants choose if they want to try to work it out with their ex's or stay in their current relationships.

So I say to my b.f.

"If you were all alone all weekend with your Ex "Amy" in the Bahamas do you think anything would happen?

His reply "More than likely, nothing would happen"

MORE THAN LIKELY??

What the hell is that suppose to mean?

And this is a girl he had to "get closure" from 1 1/2 years into our relationship....

I would think the answer would be "hell no" I love you or...."there might be some tempation...in the Bahamas, Penthouse suite, drinks, but I couldn't go through with it" or something along those lines....

Thoughts??

I think if you can't handle the answer, then don't ask the question...

That show is such crap, though. Honestly, I think a lot of people in that situation would be tempted. BUT, they are also creating television, so I am sure they pick ex's who had a lot of physical chemistry. Most of my ex's pose NO temptation for me, but there are two that I had incredible passion with, so if my current BF asked me the same question as you did, I also would say the same thing. Doesn't mean it would mean more than something physical.

But really - what you did was ask him a "do I look fat" kind of question. Guys don't always understand a woman's questioning and need for security in these situations...

Let it go.

That's one of those questions that should just never be asked. It's one of those things most men don't realize should not be answered or could leave them in the doghouse.

That's the kind of question my bf calls a trap. You ask the question expecting him to give you the answer that you WANT to hear. Then you get upset when it isn't. If you can't handle what the truth by me, don't ask to hear.