Stealing a GF or not?

Balthazar

Further update

Met our common friend(Maria) for coffee on Thursday as she wanted to tell me a few things about Joanna.

I was a bit worried about this, but it turned out to be harmless info. It seems Joanna is quite religious, and likes to go to church on Sundays(she also fasts on Fridays).

It appears Joanna was worried about how I would feel about these matters, so Maria gave me the news.

I tell her it's OK, and state my intention to ask Joanna out to dinner Saturday night.

I call today and set up dinner. Joanna seems fine on the phone with everything so we are on for Saturday.

She momentarily suggests Sunday would be better; I reply Saturday is preferable(but I was open to changing if there was difficulty).

She quickly agrees to Saturday, so everything is OK.

Any ideas why she tried for a Sunday date?(less pressure maybe?).

Cherry Blossom 35

I reserve weekends for friends and guys i REALLY like. Not new guys. But that's just me.

I know what you want to say' date=' but you should read up on monkeys. ;)[/quote']

They like banannas. Sometimes they like to put their hands on more than one bananna at a time... just in case the one bananna isn't as tasty as the other one.

I like monkey's- I wish I could be friend's with one.

Untouchable_Fire
They like banannas. Sometimes they like to put their hands on more than one bananna at a time... just in case the one bananna isn't as tasty as the other one.

I like monkey's- I wish I could be friend's with one.

Monkey are expensive friends... and hard to find, however you are correct... they often carry bananas.

You should go straight to the source. If you want a banana, I can point you in the right direction.

Monkey are expensive friends... and hard to find, however you are correct... they often carry bananas.

You should go straight to the source. If you want a banana, I can point you in the right direction.

Yeow! If someone just keeps handing me the banana... I'll never feel the need to buy the tree.

Sounds like good news B!

I also echo CB's sentiment- I usually reserve first dates for non-weekend times. My Fri and Saturdays are all about getting drunk with people I really like:rolleyes: But Sunday dates can turn into weekend worthy people too.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

If she's fasting Friday- she'll most likely be ravenous at dinner Saturday- so maybe you should think about going "split-sies" with her.:p

• Author

Yes, I also like to reserve Saturdays. But we have known each other about a 8 months, and I'm pretty sure she likes me.

So, I said what the heck. If we click on the first date, it really won't matter.

We will see:).

Ok, spirng's here and all of us our heating up(in a variety of ways..).

I have known a co-worker Joanna(31) since October.

She had been introduced to me by a common friend, Maria.

I was instantly attracted to Joanna, and thus, asked Maria about her relationship status.

Maria said Joanna was single, so I ask Joanna out to dinner.

Anyway, Joanna agrees but balks when I try to set a time and date.

I ask again a few days later, but again she seems ambivalent.

After some questioning, she says she would be interested but is already in a relationship.

That right there would be enough to turn me off about her. She is in a committed relationship with someone she plans to marry, but agrees to have dinner with you?

But if you can handle being with someone untrustworthy, then its up to you.

• Author

Actually TwiceShy, she was quite forthcoming and honest I think.

She told me that she in in a relationship and could not go out with me, but otherwise would have. I took this to mean that she is interested , but is commited to making her relationship work.

A bit moot now though, as we are going out tomorrow night and her ex-BF is gone. Basically, she had just got back with him back in October and the timing was wrong.

Let's see how it goes tomorrow night.