When guys start to have genuine feelings..do they start to back away?

chill chic

Just curious as to when a guy is all about you, he knows you like him and he seems to like you back, if he's insecure would he tend to shy away and not as extreme anymore until he figures it out or what? Just curious!

FormerNiceGuy
Just curious as to when a guy is all about you, he knows you like him and he seems to like you back, if he's insecure would he tend to shy away and not as extreme anymore until he figures it out or what? Just curious!

I think every guy is different so it's hard to say.

SpikeyChick

What ?

The guys who have liked me in the past NEVER backed away because I never played games with their emotions. I found that men appreciate honesty in women and only back away when they are being jerked around.

They back away because they sense insecurity in YOU. I am open ,warm, and affectionate with guys but always act like a lady with standards . NO problems with my boys.

The Studmuffin

guys can back away because of insecurity in themselves too. i speak from experience... not everyone is confident when it comes to intimacy and opening yourself up. it seems to be an ability that not everybody is born with.

OP, IMO, men react differently when their emotions begin to become engaged. For some it is fear. For some guys it's just a game, but I'm talking about someone who has serious intentions.

Do you have someone in particular in mind? Dish! :D

whichwayisup

Time will tell. Fear is also another reason and dealing with new emotions/feelings that he hasn't felt in a while. Sometimes women do this too.

xpaperxcutx

I thought generally when guys back off, it means they're not interested. Unless they're pmsing... but that's very unlikely.

Psychologically speaking, men put more efforts to establish a relationship (i.e. in the beginning), and women tend to do less; however, after exclusivity has been established, most men tend to decrease their efforts and it's the women who tend to put in more effort. I am not sure how substantial this study was, but I read it in some psychology journal, but it seems to make some sense.

Trialbyfire

Some love the chase and nothing more, some freak themselves out and other's remain cool under fire. chill chic, it's the very latter ones you want. The other two are nothing but heartache or headaches... ;)

thehappycynic
What ?

The guys who have liked me in the past NEVER backed away because I never played games with their emotions. I found that men appreciate honesty in women and only back away when they are being jerked around.

They back away because they sense insecurity in YOU. I am open ,warm, and affectionate with guys but always act like a lady with standards . NO problems with my boys.

I have not found this to be true in my experiences. I am always honest and straight-forward with men, and yet sometimes they still back away. I think sometimes they become confused by their own feelings, and instead of dealing with it, just back off until the unease goes away. There are some men who appreciate honesty and directness, but most are more comfortable with the usual assortment of boring and predictable "games." They don't really know what to do with a girl who speaks her mind and doesn't hold back.

whichwayisup
I thought generally when guys back off, it means they're not interested

But her question is: When guys start to have genuine feelings..do they start to back away?

They back off when they're not interested, yes. But not when feelings are starting to be genuine. That's why I say it's fear related. Fear of feeling the feelings, fear of the unknown, fear of maybe getting hurt, or even fear of success and/or failure. IF that makes any sense..

LucreziaBorgia

If he backs away under those circumstances he is either:

a. not as interested as you think

b. he is interested, but doesn't want the implied commitment