Should I be worried? Am i analyzing things way too much?

smilensaychees88

smilensaychees88

Basically, I have a pretty history with this guy that started last september. We had met the first time at one of my friend's house and we both connected right away. We couldn't stop talking. We didn't stop talking to each other for days on end. We went to Disneyland and other fun places and I felt like I found this SUPER AMAZING person. I had never been felt the same way with any previous boyfriend that I've had.

HOWEVER, 2 weeks before he met me he had just broken up with his girlfriend of 2 years. This started to be a problem because I could tell they were both still struggling a lil bit over the break up. Eventually the guy and I decided that it was too soon for him to start dating anyone anyways. I was pretty upset and I never really stopped thinking about him BECAUSE we both know that we liked each other. He said that he had never met anyone like me even when he was dating his girlfriend.

NOW, we're talking again. He had said earlier that we could stay friends and see if anything would happen from there as time went on. We really never talked to each other much after the drama went down for a bout a few months. Last weekend we went to a formal thing together and we took tons of pictures and we both agreed that things felt like they did in september. And he says he felt the same way, with NO THOUGHTS of his ex girlfriend. We were talking lots and lots way into the night.. he even did something SUPER surprising in that he changed his default picture online to one of me and him. Lately, everyone at school has been under the stress of midterms and such and we havn't been talking as much. but he STILL has has his default pic of me and him. I'm going crazy thinking that things are going bad again....but my friends say that he is just busy...and he always probably remembers how fast things moved before so he's trying to go slower. I would THINK that he remembered what happened before when i thought things were going well and then things fizzled....so he wouldn't try to do the same thing again.

Anyways...this is super a super long post. But i'm just wondering if things are fizzling again....just because we aren't talking as much as we did last week. My friends say i'm crazy...and that i have no reason to be worried. yet, i still do!!!! any words?

I think that in a situation like this, the guy is just being cautious and taking it slow.

I am sure he is a tad conflicted about getting involved in another relationship after being with someone for two years- but it sounds as if he is easing into it at his own pace.

The fact that he has made a public declaration of your attachment with his default pic says a lot.... I'd say that is pretty positive.

I think your role right now is to continue being the fun, no pressure girl. The less pressure he feels, the more apt he will be to allow himself to open up more.

It sounds as if you are handling this role well. I know on the inside it's driving you mad.... but he doesn't need to know that.:p

I don't think its healthy to overwork yourself over someone who's not ready to emotionally start up a relationship with. He has shown interest, but since he's not ready to be in a relationship, he has no commitment to constantly stay in contact with you. You should play it casual. Your friend is absolutely right about u overreacting. As you said, you've guys been super busy with school and midterms so its fairly reasonable that he was busy with schoolwork. I think you should try waiting it out. If however he does not contact you after a week or two, you can try intiating contact with a casual greeting.

I agree with both of the comments above. I am in a similiar position to your friend. I am just out of a long term relationship (marriage). I also have met someone that is great and very easy to talk to. And I am scared to death of just that fact. I am taking it so slow with her that I would imagine it is driving her crazy.

Don't over analyze things, chances are he is really enjoying the time that you too are spending together. I personally enjoy sitting and talking with this lady more than I would anything physical at this point.