Should I feel this offended?

sunflower745

Hi well I am in a long distance relationship; he lives 7 hours away. It happens that we are both going to have the same dates for spring break and I asked him what he was going to do and said he was planning to come to visit me. Then I said I was planning to go visit him. So, we agreed that I would go instead, said my dates and he told me he was going to ask for days off at work. The next day we talked and he told me he had asked for the days already. THEN, next day he calls me and says he completely forgot about his friend's wedding that is going to be that week.

He said he was feeling so bad because he didn't want me to feel like if he's blowing me off but already had that committment and asked if I could come the next weekend instead. He said if I wanted he would take me to the wedding but then it would be hard driving 4 hours back to his house. He went on telling me that he had already planned to stay with his best friend who is also going to the wedding and hang out with him the next days. I don't know if he was trying to not get me angry because he said the only reason he forgot about the wedding and everything is because he was so excited that I was coming :)~ Whatever!!! I don't know what to do!! Should I still go? Some advice would be great :)

I have to ask first of all, is it that you wrote too much or was it that he had too much excuses going for him? Either way, if you guys are in a relationship I really don't see it as a burden for you to go with him to a wedding. He did invite you afterall.

Hi well I am in a long distance relationship; he lives 7 hours away. It happens that we are both going to have the same dates for spring break and I asked him what he was going to do and said he was planning to come to visit me. Then I said I was planning to go visit him. So, we agreed that I would go instead, said my dates and he told me he was going to ask for days off at work. The next day we talked and he told me he had asked for the days already. THEN, next day he calls me and says he completely forgot about his friend's wedding that is going to be that week.

He said he was feeling so bad because he didn't want me to feel like if he's blowing me off but already had that committment and asked if I could come the next weekend instead. He said if I wanted he would take me to the wedding but then it would be hard driving 4 hours back to his house. He went on telling me that he had already planned to stay with his best friend who is also going to the wedding and hang out with him the next days. I don't know if he was trying to not get me angry because he said the only reason he forgot about the wedding and everything is because he was so excited that I was coming :)~ Whatever!!! I don't know what to do!! Should I still go? Some advice would be great :)

Wait. Why should you be offended? This is what I read:

- you both have the same dates off for spring break

- you agreed to meet him and he asks for those days off work

- he informs you that he forgot his friend's wedding set to happen that same week

- he wants you to come the next weekend

- he invited you to the wedding, warning you that it might not be comfortable for you because of the distance to the event

- he tells you he had planned to stay and hang with his buddy

What's to be offended about? :confused:

What are you tweaking over? It doesn't sound like he did anything wrong, except forget the wedding commitment. Even then, he rebounded and said he would take you.

So, Im confused. What's your beef with him?

I agree with the others, what is there to offended about? Even though he forgot about the wedding and other plans, he's giving you other options that still enable you to be with each other. Choose which ever you want to do more and have fun!

Granted.. he is absent minded, but far from offensive. He did propose the idea of you going to the wedding as well. If you really want to see him then go to the wedding and you two can split the driving coming back.

But I think it would be best to just let him go to the wedding and enjoy the reception with his buddies for the next day or so. Im sure it will be very uncomfortable for him and you. He will feel like he has to give you and his friend equal attention, which is very hard. Wait til the next week and go and see him then.