Should I ask him to travel with me?

ilovemurf

Hi, I'm new to dating. I've been seeing this guy for 1 month now. I'm going to new york next week to visit some friends there. I'd like to ask him to go with me. I kind of want to keep the trip just like friends hanging out, but not a trip for a couple if he comes. Not sure if it's appropriate. Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm new to dating. I've been seeing this guy for 1 month now. I'm going to new york next week to visit some friends there. I'd like to ask him to go with me. I kind of want to keep the trip just like friends hanging out, but not a trip for a couple if he comes. Not sure if it's appropriate. Any suggestions?

So basically you would like him to meet your friends and possibly show him your favorite NY hang outs? And why is it important to you that it not turn into a couple weekend?

If it's because you want to spend time with your friends, then invite him with something along the lines of: I am going to NY to spend some time with this and this friend. I think you would really enjoy their company and I was thinking of inviting you to join us. Do stress that the priority will be for you to catch up with your friends.

It also all depends on the kind of dating you have been doing. Has it been all very 'couple and romantic' or have you two let your hair down and it's been more casual?

• Author

i didn't make it clear in my post. we agree to take it slow. so on our dates, we just have dinner, go to movies, or have drinks at a bar. it'll be a little awkward if we spend a night together.

i didn't make it clear in my post. we agree to take it slow. so on our dates, we just have dinner, go to movies, or have drinks at a bar. it'll be a little awkward if we spend a night together.

So basically you would like seperate sleeping arrangements?

I guess what isn't clear to me is why you want to invite him to NY.

If you agreed to take it slowly, and haven't even slept together, then I guess I don't see why this question is even being posed. The answer seems pretty obvious. :)