Why are you thankful for your SO?

spookie

I know it's been done before but these threads me make me happy so...

What do you appreciate most about your SO?

-She is a great listener and communicator

-She help push and motivate me to finish school

-She helped me keep my drinking and spending of money in check

Those are just the primary ones.:)

He makes me laugh hysterically all the time. On an hourly basis.

He gets my weird sense of humor.

He motivates me to do things I hate to do, but have to.

He gave me a baby :)

He loves me unconditionally.

He understands me.

• Author

I'll go first. I appreciate how:

-he sends me e-mails every morning before work

- he set up a delicious account for me to send links through daily

- he's AMAZING in bed thanks to all the theoretical knowledge he's amassed about sex while other guys were busy actually doing it

- he can go 3 times in one night and still be horny

- on weeknights, if I'm sleeping over, he wears earplugs and asks that we not cuddle because otherwise he's too turned on to fall asleep :D

- he knows everything :lmao:

- we have the same beliefs/ values and sense of humor

- he recognizes our similarities despite our vastly different life experience

- he doesn't judge me for anything

- he isn't commitment-phobic

- I can use him as a library

- he's considerate (for example, I have allergies, so while he was at the grocery store, he bought kleenex, although he doesn't use them)

- he brings out the good in me

Edited by spookie
I'll go first. I appreciate how:

-he sends me e-mails every morning before work

- he set up a delicious account for me to send links through daily

- he's AMAZING in bed thanks to all the theoretical knowledge he's amassed about sex while other guys were busy actually doing it

- he can go 3 times in one night and still be horny

- on weeknights, if I'm sleeping over, he wears earplugs and asks that we not cuddle because otherwise he's too turned on to fall asleep :D

- he knows everything :lmao:

- we have the same beliefs/ values and sense of humor

- he recognizes our similarities despite our vastly different life experience

- he doesn't judge me for anything

- he isn't commitment-phobic

- I can use him as a library

- he's considerate (for example, I have allergies, so while he was at the grocery store, he bought kleenex, although he doesn't use them)

- he brings out the good in me

Was he a virgin before you? ;)

* he's smart as a whip, funny, engaging, cultured, conversational

* he's outgoing while I'm the opposite.

* he's an incredibly decent person, and always factors other people into his decisions.

* he shares my love of adventure and spontaneity. He wants to experience the world, and isn't content to just watch it unfold from the tube. He gets me out of my shell.

* he tells me he loves me all the time.

* he has no problem giving compliments. He makes me aware of all my good traits. He makes me feel good about myself.

* he doesn't judge me, and doesn't hold grudges.

* he's open-minded.

* he hates sports. :laugh:

* he's not bitter.

* he's more of an optimist, while I'm a pessimist.

Mostly it's the little things like asking how my day was, and actually caring about and listening to the answer.

He helps me with parenting chores even though my kids aren't his kids.

He makes me laugh. Nobody ever did that before.

His general optimism about life and acceptance of it's challenges has made me more optimistic and accepting.

His daily appreciation/affirmation for/of what I bring to his life, as well.

(just to name a few.)

-He totally respects me and is confident that I can do things even when I'm not so sure myself

-I am totally relaxed and myself with him, always

-He is not easily upset - he is very even-keeled

-He listens to me

-He does things for me all the time, from cooking amazing meals to warming my shoes so I don't get cold feet when I put them back on

-He's an amazing dad to his 6-year old daughter

-He's smart as a whip and loves challenges

-He's athletic

-He's gorgeous

-He's awesome in bed :love:

-He doesn't let me walk on him, but he's open to my influence

And I could go on. :)

• Author
Was he a virgin before you? ;)

Yup :D

A couple I forgot:

- he's openminded, rational, and isn't so driven by ego he won't accept being wrong sometimes

-he's interested in having a healthy relationship; understands, despite his inexperience, that it takes work; and is willing to learn (he started reading a book called "Asperger's and Long-Term Relationships" the other day)

ah ... the fact that he trusts me, that he has no problems when I tell him I'm going down to Corpus to visit the guys, maybe stay over with the one who is married, because he accepts the fact that two of my dearest friends are men

I love that he's always willing to step up and help my family when they really need help, and that he embraces them as his own, even the ones who drive him nuts

I love that his sense of humor is as quirky as mine – who else is going to make piggy faces for me? LOL, well, who else older than the age of six :p

I love that he's totally open to public displays of affection, like holding my hand when we go shopping, or simply kissing me while we're outside the house

I love that he's not a money-grubbing greedy bastard – he doesn't kvetch if I order a top-dollar item when we eat out, he's usually pretty willing to fund trips to dollar store or give me money for my morning glass of tea ... if he has it, he will share it

I love that he's open to adventure whenever we go places, that interesting side roads/side trips are an option, not an inconvenience

I love that he's kind to animals and little kids; that he thinks of our friends and is willing to splurge on little things because he thinks they might enjoy them; that he calls them up to invite them over for dinner and a game of cards so they can get out of apartment for a while

Yup :D

A couple I forgot:

- he's openminded, rational, and isn't so driven by ego he won't accept being wrong sometimes

-he's interested in having a healthy relationship; understands, despite his inexperience, that it takes work; and is willing to learn (he started reading a book called "Asperger's and Long-Term Relationships" the other day)

Wow, taking his virginity must have been a pretty awesome feeling. That sounds creepy, but you know what I mean.

-He totally respects me and is confident that I can do things even when I'm not so sure myself

This one really hit home for me.