I got rejected... now what?

bandit

Unfortunately, yes. Good thing is you will find love again. The next time you will know what not to look for and what you want. Dating is a process of elimination and can only happen by trial. On a rare occassion someone finds their soul mate on the first date. Good luck to you and keep your head up.

Being confident and knowing what you want and doing it is a sexy trait to any gender.

you don't love her.

What you feel is LUST. You're drawn to her appearance and you want to be with her; you don't know who she is, and vice versa. The feelings you have for her will fade when you find someone else who is just as prettier (or even prettier) who will want to be with you.

Love is more than physical, but you'll find that out in due time. You're too young to actually understand and know what "love" is between a man and woman.

you don't love her.

What you feel is LUST. You're drawn to her appearance and you want to be with her; you don't know who she is, and vice versa. The feelings you have for her will fade when you find someone else who is just as prettier (or even prettier) who will want to be with you.

Love is more than physical, but you'll find that out in due time. You're too young to actually understand and know what "love" is between a man and woman.

Ok, I agree with this to a certain extent. But she rejected you, so all you can do is move on now. You are sooooo young, there will be TONS of other girls believe me!!!!

• Author
Ok, I agree with this to a certain extent. But she rejected you, so all you can do is move on now. You are sooooo young, there will be TONS of other girls believe me!!!!

Ya i guess you guys are right. there is this other girl who is my age and says hi to me EVERY time i see her and last year we went to the dance together but i never found the courage to ask her out. unlike this girl who rejected me she is mature in dating so i might ask her to see a hockey game with me soon. but just as friend. but how long should i wait, cause i don't want people thinking i would go out with anyone isn't the rule like 2 weeks or something?

anyway maybe it was my fault for asking someone who isn't ready to date

what do you guys think?

rules?

there are no rules in high school dating. . . except like don't date your best friend's ex w/o his/her permission, and if someone claims someone its "theirs."

Stupid high school drama dating system.

Seriously, just ask her out (the girl that OBVIOUSLY likes you). Why be afraid of rejection? its already happened once, so now you know what it feels like, and you're still alive right?

2 weeks. . . hahaha yeah okay, if you honestly want to wait that long; otherwise, do it tomorrow.

rules?

there are no rules in high school dating. . . except like don't date your best friend's ex w/o his/her permission, and if someone claims someone its "theirs."

Stupid high school drama dating system.

Seriously, just ask her out (the girl that OBVIOUSLY likes you). Why be afraid of rejection? its already happened once, so now you know what it feels like, and you're still alive right?

2 weeks. . . hahaha yeah okay, if you honestly want to wait that long; otherwise, do it tomorrow.

hahaha! i agree rules are meant to be broken. ask her as soon as you get the chance. time's ticking, noone knows how long they really have. no matter how young or old you are!

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t142413/

So i talked to her after school today and she said she didn't like me "that way"

so i said ok and walked away

But i don't get it i still love her so what do i do now? move on?

^^^ You've already done the best thing you can do for yourself. There is no real sense in dwelling or investing time in such people. Move on for your own good.

Ya i guess you guys are right. there is this other girl who is my age and says hi to me EVERY time i see her and last year we went to the dance together but i never found the courage to ask her out. unlike this girl who rejected me she is mature in dating so i might ask her to see a hockey game with me soon. but just as friend. but how long should i wait, cause i don't want people thinking i would go out with anyone isn't the rule like 2 weeks or something?

anyway maybe it was my fault for asking someone who isn't ready to date

what do you guys think?

LOL, ask the girl who you think likes you out. And why exactly would you just ask her as a friend? If you like her, and she likes you then go for it!Are you worried that the girl who rejected you is going to think you are a "player" if you go ask some other girl out? She turned you down, you are done with it. Move on!

I agree with the other posters... Ask her to the hockey game, and don't shoot yourself down and limit it to "just friends." Don't cut off your options so early, what's the advantage of that?

And as to the 2 weeks: 2 weeks since what? It sounded like nothing happened with the other girl, other than asking her to do something and being turned down. Even if there were some kind of cooling off period between dates, just asking someone and being turned down shouldn't start any kind of clock running!

Don't worry what 'other people' think - talk to the girl who actually pays you some attention and go from there...

So i talked to her after school today and she said she didn't like me "that way"

Try and move on man... don't end up like me and my current state. Well at least you don't have to see her all the time at work like I do

I am in the same situation man... I don't think I "love" the girl who rejected me and said the same thing "doesn't like me in that kinda way" but I REALLY like her. I have been so messed up the last week... I am fine for a bit, then I feel terrible and worthless...kinda depressed... then I try to convince myself it will be fine and to forget about it...then I go the opposite. Maybe its because she was the first girl I really liked in the last couple years... I am emotionally unstable

Its hard being a good friend when you feel more... :(

You accept it. You cut contact with her completely until you stop thinking about her, and in the meantime try to meet other girls. Simple as that. Make sure you keep yourself distracted. Getting over someone is a process. DO NOT check her facebook/myspace/etc or do things that remind you of her.

In fact, delete her from myspace, facebook, aim, your phone, etc. This makes it much easier to get over her.