Am I reading into things?

backspn

I have been seeing this great girl for about 2 months now, we are both in our 30s. We talk everyday and sometimes 3-4 times a day. There has no indications of any problems and she says she enjoys being with me and said she would never see someone else while seeing me. I have been hurt from girls in the past who would say one thing yet do the opposite. She went up to see her family this weekend and I havent talked to her since she left, 2 days ago. We havent gone this long without talking to each other. Is everything ok between us or am I reading into things. The way I see it is if someone really misses someone they would call.

As a side note she told me last time she was up there, over christmas break, that one of the guys she used to date 2 years ago cornered her and asked her to marry her him. She told him no. Not sure why she would tell me this information.

Edited by backspn

you may be reading a little more into than what it appears. But I do agree, whether you are with family or not it only takes less than two minutes out your day to say "hi", or "just thing about you". Have you tried to call her? or do you feel like you dont want to disturb her since she is with her family. As far as the guy who propsed to her , were you guys discussing relationship? because if you were then I can see why she would bring that up in a conversation.

• Author

We have discussed everything about our past and everything we would like in our future. I have been cheated on in the past, am trying to work through it and I know its not fair to doubt her yet. The past has made me hard inside and not sure if calling her is appropriate if she doesnt even call me. I am falling for her and do not want to get hurt again. Should I call her or just wait for her to call?

I did text her yesterday and said 'Thinkin bout u' and she replied back the same and said she is going out to see a movie with her friend and husband.

Edited by backspn
edit

I think you maybe be overthinking things. I know when I go home to see family and friends I only for for a week or so, so its easy to get caught up in all the things I'm trying to fit into such a short time. She's probably just busy and she did text you back, so I don't think there's too much for you to worry about.

• Author

Thank you for the reply. Should I call her or wait til she calls? I hate playing the 'game' and dont really want to play it with her. I want to give her room and I guess thats why I havent called her. Even when Im with family or friends for a few days I would call or at least text the one Im seeing.

Edited by backspn
  • Author

Thanks to all for replying back to my post. Should I call her while she is visiting family? I want to give her space away from me, time away makes heart grow fonder etc, but I really would like to hear her voice. I dont want to do anything to ruin what I have with her, I really like her alot and can see a future with her. I have probably made up my mind not to bother her up there but always like advice from others. Like I said before I have been burned before and tomorrow will be 3 days w/o talking to her on the phone.

Thank you for your replies.

You know, sometimes it's just nice to take a break from talking for a couple of days, especially when you're away. Since your relationship seems solid, you should be able to give her that space without feeling threatened. You'll have lots to say to each other when you do speak!

3-4 times a day? damn, i couldn't talk that much to a girl and still keep everything we say fresh. I would also lose mind because of the nonstop talking. Honestly i think its a good idea to just keep it civil, let her do her thing with the family, and just trust her for now. If you feel that you need to talk to her, just keep it brief and upbeat; this'll let her know that you're happy for her and that shes in your thoughts, while letting her do her thing until she gets back. Then you guys can talk talk talk talk talk talk talk all you want. You must have strong jaws, or you chew a lot of gum (and drink lots of water).