texting and the single girl

maralove

i was "dating" this guy. all he would do is text. no phone calls.

explain this to me.

we are over now. but i am curious about this.

If he's in his 20's (or younger), then yes, he is more prone to texting as a sole method of communication. I recently got back with someone who I dated last year. We just took a vacation together, as a matter of fact. And we have NEVER spoken on the phone. No joke. Age? Mid-20's.

Guys in the their 30s will call and sometimes text. Guys in their 40s ONLY call.

Its an age thing...

• Author

so when i pushed him to call me is when things soured.

i really don't feel that i am truly given an opportunity to be myself in text only format.

i hate that i lost someone due to communication issues like this. it hurts. because i really liked him. a lot.

i'm 39 and he's 28. maybe that is the problem.

so when i pushed him to call me is when things soured.

i really don't feel that i am truly given an opportunity to be myself in text only format.

i hate that i lost someone due to communication issues like this. it hurts. because i really liked him. a lot.

i'm 39 and he's 28. maybe that is the problem.

Hmmm... This seems odd to me. When you wrote "dating", what do you mean? How many times did you actually go out? What was that like? How long were you seeing each other?

Maybe he had financial issues and could not afford to call.

Txting is cheaper.

Given you were only dating and not in a relationship where you would discuss financial issues - he may not have told you this and when questioned felt to embarrassed to tell the truth, therefore compensating with the "sour", behavior that followed?

Another point, is if he was seeing someone else (hate to say it, but my EX would do this when he was around HIS X - long story), he would txt me because he could have your number saved as anyones name, txt has no real tone etc, but if he called he would speak to you differently than say to a mate, any other girl in the room would probably picked up on the fact he was not talking to a mate.

I hate to assume the worst here, but i had this problem first hand and both of the above points were relevant to my situation.

Especially compounded by the fact i would call him and he would NEVER answer, he would always call back a while later.... GGGrrrr

The guy I am currently dating we have our most intimate and seious conversations over text. We speak sometimes, but mostly text. Most times days go by and I be like dude, I need to hear your voice!! And when we do speaK we do have the greatest conversation, but I guess texting has been a little easier. Oh yea, and were both in our mid - twenties. I dont know if that makes a difference. Everyone seems to say that the age range makes a difference.

In my opinion texting is one source of communication in a relationship. However, there are limits. It sounds like he is not a very open minded individual. Im glad you're no longer seeing him, find someone who will treat you like a real woman, not like some computer bot.