crush on coworker----not sure what he's thinking?

lulugirl

There's a new guy at work and I was immediately attracted to him. On top of it, we make each other laugh all the time, send silly emails to each other all day....and he clearly has a flirtatious personality....not so overt, but for a MARRIED guy, he flirts maybe a bit too much (and he does flirt with/chat up other women, too, I've noticed( Right away, he and I seemed to click. We always eat lunch together. He knows I'm half french and has taken to speaking french to me (not that he speaks it well), spelling my name the French way, and he has asked me who my "type is". Well, I just found out last week that he is suddenly NOT going away with his wife (of 9 months, it turns out) to her home country as planned for the holidays....a few days ago he was talking about this trip, and literally 2 days later, she's going and he is not...but i didn't really probe as to why as I assume something is awry there. He went alone somewhere else.

During some emails last week, he mentioned a guy friend and I asked if he was single, as I am looking for a single guy and I'm really not sure what's going with this guy. Well, he never repsonded at all to the question.

He has made comments about these boots I was wearing and said something about me naked (we were leaving work, and walking with someone else)

Anyhow. I sense, and have sensed, a possible attraction or interest, on my part, and perhaps on his.... Obviously a guy in this positon is raw/vulnerable......I realize his "status" is unclear/unavailable right now, but if he does actually separate and plan to divorce, is he then fair game?

Does this have the makings of an emotional affair???

It is already starting to be painful and VERY distracting for me......

I wouldn't even go there with him. I have had men who were in relationships....engaged...etc. flirt with me. Not worth the time or the hassle. Until he is divorced...he is off limits. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for a world of heartache.