guys: would you date someone not in your league?

pandagirl

I don't think I'm a bad looking person; many people tell me I am attractive and cute and all that. However, it's not like I'm one of those beautiful people that roam this planet.

There's a guy I like, and he is absolutely GORGEOUS. Normally, I don't like such stereotypically attractive guys, but personality wise, we really, really hit it off. The chemistry is undeniable, but I feel like he would never like me in a romantic way, because I am clearly not as attractive as he is.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, do I have a chance with this guy?

alterego1234

I think so.

I have a female friend from high school who is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. She's also smart, friendly, successful, and has a lot of other positive qualities. She's quite happily married to a guy who is a nice guy, and he has a good job, but he's on the heavy side and is looks-wise just an average to slightly above average looking guy.

Their relationship works, though, because she went through a part of her life where she realized that its the relationship that matters and not the looks of the people involved. So if this hunk of yours realizes that same thing, then you have a shot. If he's still shallow and thinks looks are the be all end all, then I think you'd be setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Another thing that makes it work for my friend and her husband is that he is very secure in his relationship with her. He's not afraid of losing her just because she's gorgeous and he isn't a George Clooney or whatever. So for you and Mr. Hunk to work well together you'd have to trust him as well.

ae

I don't think I'm a bad looking person; many people tell me I am attractive and cute and all that. However, it's not like I'm one of those beautiful people that roam this planet.

There's a guy I like, and he is absolutely GORGEOUS. Normally, I don't like such stereotypically attractive guys, but personality wise, we really, really hit it off. The chemistry is undeniable, but I feel like he would never like me in a romantic way, because I am clearly not as attractive as he is.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, do I have a chance with this guy?

Absolutely! If you hit it off, he found you, as a whole, attractive. Apparently you didn't feel intimidated by his looks and were able to get close to him. Stand your ground and back off just a little to pull him closer. Let him chase you. Remember, he most likely has had many opportunities for dates in the past and probably didn't have to work for it. Good luck! :)

Honestly, I think it is more bound to work when the girl is out of the guy's league than the other way around. Personally, I think both should be more or less qual in the looks department in order for there chimistry not to fade. If you feel he is out of your league you will always see him as that and suffer self esteem issues such as jealousy and insecurity because you feel he is superior to you. I wouldn't bother with that guy.

• Author

I don't necessarily feel inferior or insecure, but I do know what you mean. It's true though that women are more apt to date men that are empirically less attractive.

I don't know what will happen with this guy. Sometimes I feel like he does like me romantically, but then I think I'm just imagining things. :p

What's attractive is all relative nd everyone has a different view as to what's really attractive. Men are usually a little more visual than women but there's no way to know what gets any particulaly guy excited. You might be a lot more attractive than you realize and he might not not know how hot he is... at least in your eyes.

Yes, i was seeing someone who was clearly not in my "attractive" league.

I really don't think many woman would find him attractive but as i got to know him i fell for him. However, he ended up being a total jerk.

I used to think that going for the "model" or way attractive looking guys was not the thing to do because of the stereotype of them being stuck on themselves ect. I am not a model but i am pretty attractive, however i am finding out that people are all different. No matter how they look they could be the sweetest guy ever. As i have recently found a guy and hoping he will call me, up!

So i say you have a chance just be yourself and love you and go for him!

yes of course i would date women who are out of my league

i like beautiful women, i dont think of myself as the most stunning, gorgeous and handsomest man in the world, but i am comfortable with who i am and my personality.

but to be attracted to a girl below my standards (as this is the real question) then there is always a possibility. I do need to have a physical attraction to the girl (I judge eyes, body type, hair, skin tone as the most appealing, as they can build a beautiful sensous woman who may not always be the drop dead gorgeous girl that i would ideally like; yet someone who is cute and has something in her that makes me wild is what i also like as well)

anyways, u dont always see the best looking guys with the best looking girls, or civilization would already have started weeding itself to handsome and ugly people with in between

so yes i do think u have a chance, and even if you do get let down, it wont matter...there are plenty of other fish in the sea as they say

GIVIN IT TO YOU STR8

He Might Be Good Looking To You

He Might Be Average To Others

You Could Be Average To Some And Beautiful To Others

Never Short Change Yourself

Yes of course it can work.

Attractiveness is very subjective... chemistry is a very strange thing..

I will never get over this young guy I had a fling with in Cancun.. talk about being out of my league.. he was stunning... I still have to pinch myself... lol.... plus he was 31 years younger... :love:

Lizzie60, You Either Bedded A Teenager Or You Are Very Old

No..not a teen... I'm not a pedophile... he was 23.. :love:

GIVIN IT TO YOU STR8

And You Was 54?

That Is Just Gross And Should Be Illegal

It Would Be Like Screwing Your Grandma

And You Was 54?

That Is Just Gross And Should Be Illegal

It Would Be Like Screwing Your Grandma

Should be 'were'

yes I was 54... he was 23...and the most beautiful hunk I've ever seen..

wasn't gross at all... :laugh: and it was very much legal... :p

I am a hot grandma.. :lmao:

OP, chemistry knows no societal boundaries or stigmas.

If you have the opportunity to interact with this guy, do so and see where it goes. If he's compatible, you might be surprised how attractive he finds you. Good luck! :)

Im a good looking man, I don't believe in leagues, but if they existed I'd have to put myself in the majors. And if I fell for a girl who was fat, old, ugly, and smelly Id date her. I see plenty of good looking sucessful men and women with people you wouldn't expect them with. Theres a beuty and a beast joke about that. I do think women get more sht for going out with a guy who is on a so called differnt dating league then there own

hell im only 20 but if thats ur profile pic then i would have to agree with you that u are a hot grandma

heh but im into older chicks (all my life) . . . anyways thats something else to talk about..not here

i forgot to quote who i was talking to, but thats to lizzie :)

hell im only 20 but if thats ur profile pic then i would have to agree with you that u are a hot grandma

heh but im into older chicks (all my life) . . . anyways thats something else to talk about..not here

i forgot to quote who i was talking to, but thats to lizzie :)

then boy did I see a chick for you last night buddy

oh god...thats perfect

i love the fresh faced mature ones...its like going after your older sister's friend with the wisdom and knowledge of a mother

no im not a momma's boy, far from it

yeah fresh face and a banging body... but its not my thing, it was shocking to findo ut how old she is, I think my friend is going to do something with her though so my hats off to that lucky mo fo (literaly)

hahahah yeah when you taste the fruits of something that is a bit riper and more aged...its hard to resist

i also like young girls obviously...but i've learned more from the older ones ;)

and yes he is a lucky mofo, cause i would have def gone after that had i laid eyes on her...

It depends on several factors. She could be out of my league or average, but if she has a great personality and takes care of herself physically I would. Unfortunately I've yet to see that type of extreme where the girl is going out with a guy way out of her league...but the opposite is more common, in addition to similar attracts.

hahahah yeah when you taste the fruits of something that is a bit riper and more aged...its hard to resist

i also like young girls obviously...but i've learned more from the older ones ;)

and yes he is a lucky mofo, cause i would have def gone after that had i laid eyes on her...

And hes out of her league ( I said mo fo because she has kids)